Graduate Diploma in Transport Management (GradDipTM)
|Credit Points Required||36|
The Institute of Transport and Logistics Studies in the University of Sydney Business School is an Australian Key Centre of Excellence and a world class research institute with strong industry links and a key role in developing innovative ideas in transportation policy and professional practice. Our programs focus on policy, strategic planning and management; developing specialist skills in: applying concepts, techniques and principles that underlie transport management; understanding the relationships between government agencies and the private sector in the provision, financing, operation and maintenance of transport networks; using contemporary modelling techniques and data collection processes to solve problems in transport management, planning and analysis; and managing the impacts of future trends in transportation.
Minimum duration of course
|1 year||1.5 years|
Please Note: Students who commenced their degree prior to 2012 should refer to the course structure, available major subject areas and resolutions in the handbook for the year they commenced. Archived handbooks can be accessed on the Handbooks website.
To be awarded the Graduate Diploma in Transport Management, students complete a total of six units of study (36 credit points), comprising:
- three core units of study (18 credit points)
- three elective units of study (18 credit points)
Core units of study
- TPTM6241 Transport Modes and Systems (foundation unit)
- TPTM6495 Analysis Tools for Transport and Logistics
- TPTM6450 Transport Policy (capstone unit)
Elective units of study
- TPTM5001 Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- TPTM6115 Organisational Logistics
- TPTM6130 Transport and Logistics Strategy
- TPTM6160 Aviation Management and Logistics
- TPTM6180 Geographical Information Systems
- TPTM6190 Logistics Systems
- TPTM6200 Maritime Logistics
- TPTM6222 Railway Planning and Operations
- TPTM6224 Intelligent Transport and Logistic Systems
- TPTM6240 Public Transport Policy and Planning
- TPTM6290 Special Topic in Supply Chain Management *
- TPTM6350 Strategic Transport Modelling
- TPTM6360 Traffic Systems Management and Control
- TPTM6425 Collecting, Managing and Assessing Data *
- TPTM6440 International Freight Transportation
- TPTM6470 Sustainable Transport and Logistic Systems
The following table illustrates an example program of study for a student enrolled in the Graduate Diploma in Transport Management on a full-time basis completing three units of study per semester.
|Year / Semester||Unit of study 1||Unit of study 2||Unit of study 3||Total credit points|
Please Note: The information listed in this program of study example is meant as a guide only. Students should always check the requirements for individual units of study before enrolling. Students are usually able to complete the units of study for their course in different sequences to that listed above (including studying in Summer or Winter School sessions). You are advised to plan your program based upon your individual needs and to contact the Student Information Office if you need any assistance in planning your progression in your course.