Graduate Diploma in Transport Management (GradDipTM)
|Credit Points Required||36|
The Graduate Diploma in Transport Management has been revised for students commencing from 2014. Continuing students who commenced study prior to 2014, should refer to the information for FF020 Graduate Diploma in Transport Management on the Postgraduate Coursework Programs for Continuing Students Only (Discontinued Programs) page.
The Institute of Transport and Logistics Studies in the University of Sydney Business School is an Australian Key Centre of Excellence and a world class research institute with strong industry links and a key role in developing innovative ideas in transportation policy and professional practice. Our programs focus on policy, strategic planning and management; developing specialist skills in: applying concepts, techniques and principles that underlie transport management; understanding the relationships between government agencies and the private sector in the provision, financing, operation and maintenance of transport networks; using contemporary modelling techniques and data collection processes to solve problems in transport management, planning and analysis; and managing the impacts of future trends in transportation.
Minimum duration of course
|1 year||1.5 years|
Please Note: Students who commenced their degree prior to 2014 should refer to the handbook for the year they commenced. Archived handbooks can be accessed on the Handbooks website.
To be awarded the Graduate Diploma in Transport Management, students complete a total of six units of study (36 credit points), comprising:
- four core units of study (24 credit points) - two foundational and two advanced units
- two elective units of study (12 credit points)
Core units of study
- ITLS5100 Transport and Infrastructure Foundations (must be completed in first semester of study)
- ITLS5200 Quantitative Logistics and Transport.
Elective units of study
- ITLS6102 Strategic Transport Planning
- ITLS6103 Sustainable Urban Transport Policy
- ITLS6104 Public Transport Operations & Policy
- ITLS6105 Traffic & Mobility Management
- ITLS6106 Infrastructure Appraisal *
- ITLS6107 GIS for Transport Supply Chains
- ITLS6108 Management & Operation of Railways
- ITLS6300 Maritime Management & Logistics
- ITLS6301 Ports Management
- ITLS6302 Maritime Case Studies & Simulation
- ITLS6400 Airline Strategy & Supply Chains
- ITLS6401 Airport Management
- ITLS6402 Aviation Case Studies & Simulation
- ITLS6500 Decision Making on Mega Projects
- ITLS6501 Infrastructure Financing
- ITLS6502 Infrastructure Management Case Studies
* Not offered for 2014.
The following table illustrates an example course progression for a student enrolled in the Graduate Diploma in Transport Management on a full-time basis completing three units of study per semester.
|YEAR||SESSION||UNITS OF STUDY||CREDIT POINTS|
|Semester 2||ITLS6101||elective unit||elective unit||24|
Please Note: The information listed in this program of study example is meant as a guide only. Students should always check the requirements for individual units of study. Students are usually able to complete the units of study for their course in different sequences to that listed above. You are advised to plan your course based upon your individual needs and to contact the Student Information Office if you need any assistance in planning your progression in your course.