Graduate Certificate in Human Resource Management and Industrial Relations (GradCertHRM&IR)
|Credit Points Required||24|
|This program is not available |
to international students.
The Human Resource Management and Industrial Relations courses are specialised qualifications for those engaged in or contemplating careers in industrial relations, human resource management and related areas.
|Full-time (minimum duration)||Part-time|
1 to 3 years
Please Note. The following structure is for students commencing study in this course in 2013. Students who commenced study prior to 2013 may choose to follow this structure or complete their course according to the structure set out in the handbook of the year they commenced their study in this course. (Archived handbooks can be accessed on the Handbooks website.).
To be awarded the Graduate Certificate in Human Resource Management and Industrial Relations, students must successfully complete a total of four units of study (24 credit points), comprising:
- three core units of study (18 credit points), comprising a foundation unit and two advanced units
- one elective unit of study (six credit points).
(i) Foundation unit
The foundation unit of study is designed to be taken at the commencement of the course.
(ii) Advanced units
- WORK6001 Organisational Analysis and Behaviour
- WORK6002 Strategic Management
- WORK6003 People, Management and Technology *
- WORK6012 Industrial Relations Policy
- WORK6018 International Industrial Relations *
- WORK6026 Organisational Change and Development
- WORK6030 Performance and Rewards *
- WORK6036 Co-operatives and Mutual (new unit for 2015)
- WORK6108 International Dimensions of HR
- WORK6111 Management Consulting *
- WORK6114 Health and Safety at Work *
- WORK6115 Managing Diversity at Work *
- WORK6116 Employment and the Law *
- WORK6117 Managing HR and Knowledge Systems *
- WORK6118 Managing Communication in Organisations
- WORK6119 The Innovative Firm
- WORK6120 Research Essay
- WORK6130 Leadership in Organisations
- IBUS6001 International Business Strategy
- IBUS6002 Cross Cultural Management
- IBUS6005 Ethical International Business Decisions
- QBUS6320 Management Decision Making
* Not offered in 2015.
The following table shows an example course progression for a student enrolled on a full-time basis undertaking four units of study per semester in the Graduate Certificate of Human Resources Management and Industrial Relations.
|YEAR||SESSION||UNITS OF STUDY||CREDIT POINTS|
Please Note: The information listed in this program of study example is meant as a guide only. Students should always check the requirements for individual units of study before enrolling. Students are usually able to complete the units of study for their degree in different sequences to those listed above (including Summer or Winter School sessions). You are advised to plan your program based upon your individual needs and to contact the Student Information Office if you need any assistance in planning your progression in your course.