Graduate Diploma in Transport Management (GradDipTM)
|Credit Points Required||36|
The following information is for students who commenced study in the Graduate Diploma in Transport Management before 2014. New students commencing study in the Graduate Diploma in Transport Management from 2014 should refer the information for this course on the Postgraduate Courses page.
The Institute of Transport and Logistics Studies in the University of Sydney Business School is an Australian Key Centre of Excellence and a world class research institute with strong industry links and a key role in developing innovative ideas in transportation policy and professional practice. Our programs focus on policy, strategic planning and management; developing specialist skills in: applying concepts, techniques and principles that underlie transport management; understanding the relationships between government agencies and the private sector in the provision, financing, operation and maintenance of transport networks; using contemporary modelling techniques and data collection processes to solve problems in transport management, planning and analysis; and managing the impacts of future trends in transportation.
Minimum duration of course
|1 year||1.5 years|
Please Note: Students who commenced their degree prior to 2012 should refer to the course structure, available major subject areas and resolutions in the handbook for the year they commenced. Archived handbooks can be accessed on the Handbooks website.
To be awarded the Graduate Diploma in Transport Management, students complete a total of six units of study (36 credit points), comprising:
- three core units of study (18 credit points)
- three elective units of study (18 credit points)
Core units of study
- TPTM6241 Transport Modes and Systems; * OR ITLS5100 Transport & Infrastructure Foundations (foundation unit for degree)
- TPTM6495 Analysis Tools for Transport and Logistics; * OR ITLS5200 Quantitative Logistics & Transport
- TPTM6450 Transport Policy;* OR ITLS6190 Transport & Infrastructure Systems ^ (capstone unit for degree)
^Note: Students who commenced prior to 2014 do not have to complete corerequisites ITLS6100 and ITLS6101. Please contact the Student Information Office for enrolment in this unit.
Elective units of study
- ITLS6100 Logistics & Transport Economics
- ITLS6101 Global Freight Logistics Management
- ITLS6102 Strategic Transport Planning
- ITLS6103 Sustainable Transport Policy
- ITLS6104 Public Transport
- ITLS6105 Traffic & Mobility Management
- ITLS6106 Infrastructure Appraisal
- ITLS6107 GIS for Transport & Logistics
- ITLS6108 Management & Operations of Railways
- ITLS6300 Maritime Management & Logistics
- ITLS6301 Ports Management
- ITLS6302 Maritime Case Studies & Simulation
- ITLS6400 Airline Strategy & Supply Chains
- ITLS6401 Airport Management
- ITLS6402 Aviation Case Studies & Simulation
- ITLS6500 Decision Making on Mega Projects
- ITLS6501 Infrastructure Financing
- ITLS6502 Infrastructure Management Case Studies
- TPTM5001 Logistics and Supply Chain Management *
- TPTM6115 Organisational Logistics *
- TPTM6130 Transport and Logistics Strategy *
- TPTM6160 Aviation Management and Logistics *
- TPTM6180 Geographical Information Systems *
- TPTM6190 Logistics Systems *
- TPTM6200 Maritime Logistics *
- TPTM6222 Railway Planning and Operations *
- TPTM6224 Intelligent Transport and Logistic Systems *
- TPTM6240 Public Transport Policy and Planning *
- TPTM6290 Special Topic in Supply Chain Management *
- TPTM6350 Strategic Transport Modelling *
- TPTM6360 Traffic Systems Management and Control *
- TPTM6425 Collecting, Managing and Assessing Data *
- TPTM6440 International Freight Transportation *
- TPTM6470 Sustainable Transport and Logistic Systems *
* TPTM units will not be offered from 2014.
The following table illustrates an example program of study for a student enrolled in the Graduate Diploma in Transport Management on a full-time basis completing three units of study per semester.
|Year / Semester||Unit of study 1||Unit of study 2||Unit of study 3||Total credit points|
|TPTM6241 or ITLS5100||TPTM6495 or ITLS5200||elective||18|
|elective||elective||TPTM6450 or ITLS6190||18
Please Note: The information listed in this program of study example is meant as a guide only. Students should always check the requirements for individual units of study before enrolling. You are advised to plan your program based upon your individual needs and to contact the Student Information Office if you need any assistance in planning your progression in your course.