Graduate Certificate in Logistics Management (GradCertLogMan)
|Credit Points Required||24|
|This program is not available |
to international students.
The following information is for students who commenced study in the Graduate Certificate in Logistics Management before 2014. New students commencing study in the Graduate Certificate in Logistics Management from 2014 should refer the information for this course on the Postgraduate Courses page.
The Institute of Transport and Logistics Studies in the University of Sydney Business School is an Australian Key Centre of Excellence and world class research institute with strong industry links and a key role in developing innovative ideas in logistics and supply chain management policy. Our programs focus on management and operations, developing specialist skills in: applying the concepts, techniques and principles that underlie logistics and supply chain management; understanding the relationships between business processes within and between organisations; using systems approaches to solve business problems; and managing the impact of current and future trends in logistics management on business processes.
Minimum duration of course
|0.5 years||1 year|
Please Note: Students who commenced their degree prior to 2011 should refer to the course structure, available major subject areas and resolutions in the handbook for the year they commenced. Archived handbooks can be accessed on the Handbooks website.
To be awarded the Graduate Certificate in Logistics Management, students must successfully complete a total of four units of study (24 credit points), comprising:
- three core units of study (18 credit points)
- one elective unit of study (six credit points)
- TPTM5001 Logistics and Supply Chain Management; * OR ITLS5000 Foundations of Supply Chain Management (foundation unit for degree)#
- one of the following: TPTM6115 Organisational Logistics*, ITLS6006 Supply Chain Organisational Management, ITLS6001 Value Chain Costing, ITLS6002 Supply Chain Planning Systems, ITLS6003 Contemporary Procurement, or ITLS6004 Warehouse & Inventory Management.
- TPTM6495 Analysis Tools for Transport and Logistics; * OR ITLS5200 Quantitative Logistics & Transport
* Students demonstrating extensive practical experience in the logistics industry may apply to substitute an alternative logistics management unit of study for TPTM5001/ITLS5000 Students should send their resume with a covering email outlining their experience to the Postgraduate Coordinator for Logistics Management at (email@example.com).
- ITLS6001 Value Chain Costing (if not completed as core)
- ITLS6002 Supply Chain Planning Systems (if not completed as core)
- ITLS6003 Contemporary Procurement (if not completed as core)
- ITLS6004 Warehouse & Inventory Management (if not completed as core)
- ITLS6005 Green Operations & Reverse Logistics
- ITLS6006 Supply Chain Organisational Management(if not completed as core)
- ITLS6007 Disaster Relief Operations
- ITLS6100 Logistics & Transport Economics
- ITLS6101 Global Freight Logistics Management
- ITLS6106 Infrastructure Appraisal
- ITLS6107 GIS for Transport & Logistics
- ITLS6108 Management & Operations of Railways
- ITLS6300 Maritime Management & Logistics
- ITLS6301 Ports Management
- ITLS6302 Maritime Case Studies & Simulation
- ITLS6400 Airline Strategy & Supply Chains
- ITLS6401 Airport Management
- ITLS6402 Aviation Case Studies & Simulation
- ITLS6500 Decision Making on Mega Projects
- TPTM6130 Transport and Logistics Strategy*
- TPTM6160 Aviation Management and Logistics *
- TPTM6180 Geographical Information Systems *
- TPTM6190 Logistics Systems *
- TPTM6200 Maritime Logistics *
- TPTM6210 Reverse Logistics and Closed Loop SCM *
- TPTM6222 Railway Logistics and Operations *
- TPTM6224 Intelligent Transport and Logistic Systems *
- TPTM6240 Public Transport Policy and Planning *
- TPTM6241 Transport Modes and Systems *
- TPTM6260 International Logistics *
- TPTM6270 Innovations in Logistics and Supply Chains *
- TPTM6290 Special Topic in Supply Chain Management *
- TPTM6310 Project Management in Supply Chains *
- TPTM6350 Strategic Transport Modelling *
- TPTM6360 Traffic Systems Management and Control *
- TPTM6380 Retail Logistics Management *
- TPTM6390 Logistics in Humanitarian Aid Projects *
- TPTM6400 Strategic and Operational Procurement *
- TPTM6425 Collecting, Managing and Assessing Data *
- TPTM6440 International Freight Transportation *
- TPTM6450 Transport Policy *
- TPTM6470 Sustainable Transport and Logistic Systems *
* All TPTM units will not be offered from 2014.
Students complete the required core and elective units of study. The following table shows an illustrative course progression example for a student enrolled in the Graduate Certificate of Logistics Management on a full-time basis completing four units of study per semester.
|Year / Semester||Unit of study 1||Unit of study 2||Unit of study 3||Unit of study 4||Total credit points|
|TPTM5001 OR ITLS5000||TPTM6115 OR ITLS6006 OR one of: ITLS6001, ITLS6002, ITLS6003 or ITLS6004||TPTM6495 OR ITLS5200||elective||24|
Please Note: The information listed in this program of study example is meant as a guide only. Students should always check the requirements for individual units of study. Students are usually able to complete the units of study for their course in different sequences to that listed above. You are advised to plan your program based upon your individual needs and to contact the Student Information Office if you need any assistance in planning your progression in your course.