Students can now access most administrative services online through Sydney Student. Log in to enrol, vary your major or unit of study selection (including units of study for which you require special permission), transfer or upgrade course, suspend or discontinue your degree, apply for credit or view your academic transcript.
The University of Sydney Business School provides a comprehensive student enquiries service through the Student Information Office (SIO).
The SIO is located on Level 2 of the Merewether Building, with the main entrance facing City Road at ground level. The SIO is open for student enquiries from 11.00am - 6.00pm. For the first two weeks of each teaching semester, opening hours are Monday to Friday 8:30am to 6:00pm.
To make an enquiry, students can contact the SIO:
- In person at the front counter, Level 2, Merewether Building (facing City Road);
- By sending an email to email@example.com;
- By phone on (02) 9351 3076;
- By fax on (02) 9351 4433; or
- By writing to SIO, Level 2, Merewether Building, H04, University of Sydney, NSW 2006.
The types of enquiries and issues that current and prospective students should contact the SIO about are:
- Degree resolutions and award course requirements;
- unit of study selection variations;
- Student Academic Progression;
- Credit and waiver applications;
- Special consideration and special arrangements;
- Internal transfers and upgrades of degrees;
- Cross-institutional study;
- Exchange and Study Abroad programs;
- Leave of Absence;
- Graduation eligibility;
- Prizes awarded by the Faculty;
- Course transfers and upgrade;
- Special consideration; and
- Course suspension/leave and discontinuation.
- For undergraduate and postgraduate coursework students in the Business School, the SIO is the first point of contact for all administrative matters relating to academic programs. Postgraduate research students should contact the Business School Research Unit as their first point of contact.
- The SIO aims to provide efficient and professional service to all current and prospective students by offering a one-stop shop for all client inquiries. To this end the SIO attempts to answer all emails within 3 working days and ensure that all phone calls are answered by Student Advisers.
- The SIO does not accept incomplete applications.
- The University's Student Centre , located on level 3 of the Jane Foss Russell Building, handles student enquiries relating to:
- Commonwealth supported student scheme, HECS-HELP and FEE-HELP;
- Semester results;
- Graduation ceremonies;
- Student cards;
- Academic transcripts; and
- Examination timetables.
- Availability of academic staff (for appointments etc.);
- File notes;
- Submission of assignments; and
- Collection of assignments.