The purpose of the Business School Teaching Awards is to promote, recognise, reward and share outstanding practice in learning and teaching within the School. In keeping with that purpose, the prize money is to be used on learning and teaching related resources or learning and teaching professional development.
Nominations of lecturers and tutors for excellence awards are welcome throughout the year.
To nominate your lecturer or tutor consider if you feel they've especially:
- Helped you to think critically on your own
- Presented material imaginatively and enthusiastically
- Shown how recent, relevant events relate
- Been interested in helping you learn
- Provided helpful advice and useful feedback
- Been innovative
- Or supported your learning in any other way that you really appreciate
A call for nominations from students is made four times a year, at the end of each semester and during Summer and Winter schools. A call for nominations from academics and staff is made once a year in October.
The closing date for applications for 2015 Wayne Lonergan Outstanding Teaching Awards and Excellence in Tutoring Awards is Thursday 23rd July 2015 at 5.00pm. Please submit applications in one file to Business Teaching Awards by the due date and time.
The Wayne Lonergan Outstanding Teaching Award
This annual $10 000 award recognises, promotes and rewards excellence in teaching among all full-time and part-time academics in the School.
The Wayne Lonergan Outstanding Teaching (Early Career) Award
This annual $10 000 award recognises, promotes and rewards outstanding practice in learning teaching by early career academics in the School.
Excellence in Tutoring Award
Vice Chancellor's awards
- Up to five annual $10 000 awards for excellence in teaching
- Up to three annual awards for excellence in supporting the student experience
- One $10 000 award and two $5000 college awards for excellence in research higher degree supervision
- See the Vice-Chancellor's Awards webpage for more information.
OLT Australian Awards for University Teaching
- 16 awards for teaching excellence (16 $25 000 awards and one $50 000 Prime Minister's award)
- 12 awards for programs that enhance learning ($25 000 each)
- 160 citations for outstanding contributions to student learning ($10 000 each)
- Awards coordinated annually by the ITL
- View the Institute of Learning and Teaching OLT for more information.
Other Teaching Awards
- NSW Minister for Education and Training/Australian College of Educators' Quality Teaching Awards (in abeyance since 2011)