Business School Awards for Excellence in Tutoring
The purpose of the Business School Awards for Excellence in Tutoring is to recognise, promote, reward and share excellence in facilitating student learning by tutors within the School. In keeping with that purpose, the prize money is to be used on learning and teaching related resources or learning and teaching professional development.
Awards are made annually. In addition to this award, there is also the Dean's Citation for Tutoring.
Nominations of tutors for excellence awards are called for four times a year, towards the end of your Unit of Study course delivery.
In 2015 nominations will be called for via Blackboard from:
- 16 February to 2 March
- 9 June to 29 June
- 13 July to 27 July
- 8 September to 29 September
To nominate your tutor consider if you feel they've especially:
- Helped you to think critically on your own
- Presented material imaginatively and enthusiastically
- Shown how recent, relevant events relate
- Been interested in helping you learn
- Provided helpful advice and useful feedback
- Been innovative
- Or supported your learning in any other way that you really appreciate
The closing date for applications for 2015 Excellence in Tutoring Awards is Thursday 23rd July, 2015 at 5.00pm. Please email applications in one file to Business Teaching Awards by the due date and time.