Postgraduate Coursework Studies
When you study at the University of Sydney Business School you have access to one of the largest groups of business and professional educators in Australia.
Business School programs of study are also accredited locally by professional bodies such as the Australian Computer Society, the Australian Human Resources Institute, CPA Australia and the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia.
While studying at The University of Sydney you will enjoy social, cultural and sporting associations and events, and Sydney University's famous physical environment and location.
All our courses within the University of Sydney Business School are designed to:
- provide a stimulating learning environment that encourages the exchange of ideas and builds strong and co-operative networks among students from diverse educational, cultural and professional backgrounds
- help you develop advanced skills and the knowledge required for high-level positions in industry, commerce and government
- give you the training necessary for significant career development or career change
- expose you to the latest research in business theory and practice. Our students graduate with marketable qualifications that allow them to take charge of their careers, so it is not surprising that many of our alumni hold senior positions in the business, professional and government communities within Australia and around the world.
Our innovative approach to teaching and learning is informed by best-practice techniques and the most recent research findings. Our aim is to inspire your imagination, curiosity and enthusiasm.
Our Teaching and Learning Plan actively encourages you to learn from various sources and we offer many opportunities for you to optimise your learning experience:
- The Peer Mentoring Program is designed to help you build social and academic networks. Experienced students will assist you in settling into university life and introduce you to other students and the University's broad range of extracurricular activities.
- Free workshops, organised each semester, cover topics such as orientation and transition, writing and analytical skills, mathematics revision, and exam preparation.
- A range of activities, tours and social functions are held during the first few weeks of semester to provide you with a productive and positive introduction to the University.
- Peer Assisted Study Sessions (PASS) offer you support to help you achieve your highest possible academic performance. High-achieving senior students run small groups of informal study sessions to help new students master the curriculum.
- Online self-help resources, together with face-to-face assistance, provide study and academic support. You can access self-help tests that pinpoint where you might need some extra focus.
The University of Sydney Business School has strong links with the business, professional, government and community sectors and they play an important role developing our programs to best suit your needs.
When reviewing our programs, initiatives and strategic direction, we draw on the collective experience of a distinguished advisory board whose members include corporate leaders and directors, secondary school principals, and accounting, legal and consulting professionals.
Case studies, internships, on-the-job projects, workshops and other learning activities will see you directly involved with business, industry and government. Our adjunct professors, tutors and guest speakers are also practitioners within the business world. Generous support from business has seen the Business School establish corporate-sponsored scholarships.
A postgraduate degree from The University of Sydney can kick-start your international career. Global companies are always on the lookout for postgraduate students with an international outlook. Many of our degree programs either offer a major in international business or incorporate units of study that give an international perspective. A significant number of our staff and students come from, or have studied, overseas, making for a rich multicultural environment.