Current Position, Organisation:
Managing Director, Head of Financial & Official Institutions Group, BNP Paribas
English, French (poorly)
Countries lived/worked in:
Australia, New Zealand & Hong Kong
- BA (Hons) - Honours paper Economic Cost of Apartheid Policies in South Africa Victoria University Wellington
- Master of Applied Finance - Macquarie University
- Executive MBA - Research paper Client Centric Investment Banking University of Sydney
- University of Sydney
Best business book/motivational book you have read in the last 12 months?
- Uncommon sense, common nonsense Jules Goddard and Tony Eccles - please read if you read nothing else.
- Managers not MBAs Henry Mintzberg - this is a great book. I read it then realised why anyone would want to enrol in Sydney's MBA or EMBA program.
- Reinventing Management Julian Birkinshaw - a chance to see why commonsense needs to be restored through practice.
- Try Seth Godin's Graceful as an entertaining summary of contemporary business and workplace possibilities.
- Raising the Bar, The History of Clif Bar Inc. Gary Erickson - a compelling business story set in California and the Italian Alps.
- Hard Facts, Dangerous Half Truths & Total Nonsense Jeffrey Pfeffer and Robert Sutton - title says it all as does Pfeffer's Power, both compelling lists of candid heuristics.
- Change by Design Tim Brown, CEO at Ideo and so immediate descendent of the designers of the first Apple computer, mouse and interactive graphics (on screen visuals for programming)
- Be Excellent at Everything (Why We're Working Isn't Working) Tony Schwartz and others - valuable insights into engagement and reflection.
- It's All About the Bike Robert Penn, a great story of craftsmen and travellers
Daily website 'favourites':
- Financial Times
- Small Business Ideas and Resources for Entrepreneurs
- Roger Martin
- McKinsey Quarterly
- The New York Times
- Seth Godin
Motto to live/work by:
How might we? Prudence, justice, temperance & courage