Certificate of Transport Management
4 days: Wednesday 01 July to Saturday 04 July 2015
The Certificate of Transport Management (CTM) is a professional development course for staff in the bus and coach industry including operators, suppliers and consultants, designed to provide knowledge and skills in management, planning and policy areas that are central to the success of this industry. It introduces participants to the latest developments in the industry.
The CTM is recognised as an important industry qualification for middle and senior management and is an excellent opportunity for career development.
The four day program includes presentations by industry representatives, specialist consultants and academic experts, designed to develop practical skills for the industry, as well as interactive exercises. The networking benefits are an important aspect of the CTM. The course content is reinforced by four assignments completed after the course.
On the first day of the course participants will be given a username and password and details of how to access the online CTM support resources.
The CTM is supported by Transport for NSW, BusNSW and private operators.
Successful completion of the CTM including the assignments leads to the award of the Certificate of Transport Management, which is presented at the ITLS Awards Night held each year.
Community Transport Operators Scholarships
Expectations of Community Transport Operators (CTOs) are changing. In NSW, CTOs will soon be required to operate as public transport operators under the same safety standards framework as all others in the bus and coach industry. This will be a big change for some CTO operators, but a natural evolution for others. As much of the syllabus for the CTM has direct relevance to CTOs, ITLS is offering up to two fee scholarships for individuals working in CTOs to attend the CTM in July 2015.
The CTM is held at the University of Sydney Business School CBD Campus, level 17, Stocklands Building, 133 Castlereagh Street, Sydney. View directions.
Early Bird Fee $2,399 (GST free) until 1 May 2015, otherwise $2,550 (GST free)
The fee includes all course materials, lunches and refreshments, and access to online learning resources. The fee must be paid in full at least four weeks before the first day of the program, that is by 2 June 2015. The early bird fee is valid until 1 May 2015.
Cancellations: A 10% administration fee will be applied to refunds for any cancellation; no refund will be available for cancellations made within two weeks of the commencement of the program.
Registration and payment
An invoice can be arranged but only for group bookings of three or more students made before the 2 June 2015. Please email email@example.com with the organisation’s ABN, and details of each student, as required in the online registration form.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred) or phone (02) 9114 1838.
Participant Feedback from CTM2014
- Thoroughly enjoyed all lectures and have certainly achieved a greater understanding of the present and future environment of the industry.
- All lecturers' presentation were excellent plus student friendly.
- A good blend of presenters, delivered with authority and passion.
- Awesome. Thank you, very informative.
- Got good knowledge for cost/marketing. Gain a lot of knowledge for managing and planning for network tenders and planning for urban and suburban areas.
- Good day of learning, fun and exercise.
- The planning exercise was both interesting and educational while keeping us engaged and entertained.
- Interesting subjects on network planning.
- Practical exercise was excellent.
- As this is our last assignment, I would like to thank you for your time presenting this course and all of its material. I look forward to using all I have learned in the workforce.
- I would like to say thank you for your understanding and patience during this time of the CTM course & study time. It has been really great to be able to finish the whole course even though under pressure with life & work in general. Thank you.