Certificate of Transport Management
4 days: Wednesday 6 July to Saturday 9 July
The Certificate of Transport Management (CTM) is a professional development course for staff in the bus and coach industry including operators, suppliers and consultants, designed to provide knowledge and skills in management, planning and policy areas that are central to the success of this industry. It introduces participants to the latest developments in the industry.
The CTM is recognised as an important industry qualification for middle and senior management and is an excellent opportunity for career development.
The four day program includes presentations by industry representatives, specialist consultants and academic experts, designed to develop practical skills for the industry, as well as interactive exercises. The networking benefits are an important aspect of the CTM. The course content is reinforced by four assignments completed after the course.
On the first day of the course participants will be given a username and password and details of how to access the online CTM support resources.
The CTM is supported by Transport for NSW, BusNSW and private operators.
In 2016, ITLS and Transport for NSW are offering up to four fee scholarships for individuals working in Community Transport Organisations (CTOs). Download the application form . Applications close 5pm Friday 13 May 2016.
Successful completion of the CTM including the assignments leads to the award of the Certificate of Transport Management, which is presented at the ITLS Awards Night held each year.
The CTM is held at the University of Sydney Business School CBD Campus, level 17, Stocklands Building, 133 Castlereagh Street, Sydney. View directions.
Early Bird Fee $2,449 (GST free) until 2 May 2016, otherwise $2,599 (GST free)
The fee includes all course materials, lunches and refreshments, and access to online learning resources. The fee must be paid in full at least four weeks before the first day of the program, that is by 7 June 2016. The early bird fee is valid until 2 May 2016.
Cancellations: A 10% administration fee will be applied to refunds for any cancellation; no refund will be available for cancellations made within two weeks of the commencement of the program.
Registration and payment
Waitlist Only - The course is very close to being full. Please email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We shall be in contact soon for your acceptance on the course or to advice that your name has been placed on the waitlist.
Please email email@example.com (preferred) or phone (02) 9114 1838.
Past participant feedback
- Thoroughly enjoyed all lectures and have certainly achieved a greater understanding of the present and future environment of the industry.
- All lecturers' presentation were excellent plus student friendly.
- A good blend of presenters, delivered with authority and passion.
- Awesome. Thank you, very informative.
- Got good knowledge for cost/marketing. Gain a lot of knowledge for managing and planning for network tenders and planning for urban and suburban areas.
- Good day of learning, fun and exercise.
- The planning exercise was both interesting and educational while keeping us engaged and entertained.
- Interesting subjects on network planning.
- Practical exercise was excellent.
- As this is our last assignment, I would like to thank you for your time presenting this course and all of its material. I look forward to using all I have learned in the workforce.
- I would like to say thank you for your understanding and patience during this time of the CTM course & study time. It has been really great to be able to finish the whole course even though under pressure with life & work in general. Thank you.