Details of books by ITLS authors and articles / papers available to download are shown below. For details of book chapters, journal articles, conference papers, reports etc please see individual staff pages or the ITLS Annual Reports.
Policy Series: Moving People > Solutions for Policy Thinkers
- Pricing opportunities for Australia: paying our way in land transport (March 2014)
- Sustainable transport in Australian cities: targeting vehicle kilometres of travel (June 2014)
- Public transport: funding growth in urban route services (October 2014)
- Connecting neighbourhoods: the 20 minute city (March 2015)
- Urban land use transport integration and the vital role for Australia’s forgotten inner/middle suburbs (October 2015)
- Governance for integrated urban land use transport policy and planning (August 2015)
This policy series is aimed at decision and policy makers, academics and students; the focus is land transport, land use, integrated planning and urban development challenges in Australia.The policy series, authored by ITLS' Professor John Stanley, has been developed by the Bus Industry Confederation of Australia (BIC) and ITLS. The series addresses specific subject matters and issues raised in the BIC’s previous reports: Moving People - Solutions for a Growing Australia (May 2010) and Moving People - Solutions for a Liveable Australia (December 2012). There will be six papers in the series in total; the two further papers will be published in 2015.
Since 1991 ITLS has published 20 to 30 working papers each year reporting on our latest research findings and analysis of recent policy developments. These papers are all available for free download: Working Papers
- Hensher, D. (2007 onwards) Opinion pieces for the Australasian Bus and Coach magazine
Handbooks in Transport
- Handbooks in Transport 6-Volume Set (2007)
- Handbook of Transport Modelling 1.
D.A. Hensher and K.J. Button (editors) (2007, 2nd edition)
- Handbook of Logistics and Supply Chain Management 2.
A. Brewer, D.A. Hensher and K.J. Button (editors) (2001)
- Handbook of Transport Systems and Traffic Control 3.
D.A. Hensher and K.J. Button (editors) (2001)
- Handbook of Transport and the Environment 4.
D.A. Hensher and K.J. Button (editors) (2003)
- Handbook of Transport Geography and Spatial Systems 5.
D.A. Hensher, K.J. Button, K.E. Haynes and P. Stopher (editors) (2004)
- Handbook in Transport Strategy, Policy and Institutions 6.
D.A. Hensher and K.J. Button (editors) (2005)
Bliemer M.C.J., Mulley C. and Moutou C.J. (2016) Handbook on Transport and Urban Planning in the Developed World Edward Elgar, Cheltenham, UK
Fahimnia B., Bell M., Hensher D. and Sarkis J. (ed.s.) (2015) Green Logistics and Transportation – A Sustainable Supply Chain Perspective Springer International Publishing, Switzerland
Hensher D.A., Rose J.M. and Greene W.H. (2015) Applied Choice Analysis (2nd Edition) Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK
Mulley C. and Higginson M. (eds.) (2014) The Companion to Road Passenger Transport History Road and Road Transport, UK
Mulley C (2012) (ed.) Urban Form and Transport Accessibility Edward Elgar Publishing, Cheltenham, UK
Greaves, S.P. and Garrard, J. (ed.s) (2012) Transport, The Environment And Public Health: Classic Papers On Non-Motorised Travel Edward Elgar Publishing, Cheltenham, UK
Stopher, P. (2012) Collecting, Managing, and Assessing Data Using Sample Surveys, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK
Hensher, D.A. (ed.) (2011) Transport Economics, Critical Concepts in Economics, Routledge, Oxford, UK
Hensher, D.A. and Rose, J.M. (eds.) (2011) Choice Modelling: Foundational Contributions, Classics in Transport and Environmental Valuation 1, Edward Elgar Publishers, Cheltenham, UK
- Waters, D. and Rainbird, M. (2012) Managing in the Value Chain Network Prestige Books, Sydney, Australia
- Greene, W. H. and Hensher, D. A. (2010) Modeling Ordered Choices: A Primer, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK
- Czinkota, M., Ronkainen, I., Moffett, M., Ang, S., Shanker, D., Ahmad, A. and Lok, P. (2008). Fundamentals of International Business and Global Financial Crisis Supplement, 1st Asia-Pacific Edition. John Wiley & Sons, Singapore.
- Jones, S. and Hensher, D.A. (editors) (2008) Advances In Credit Risk Modelling and Corporate Bankruptcy Prediction, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK
- Mulley, C. (2008) A New Approach to Rural Public Transport, Commission for Integrated Transport (CfIT), London, UK
- Hensher, D.A. (2007) Bus Transport: Economics, Policy and Planning, Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier Science, Oxford, UK
- Macario, R., Viegas, J. and Hensher, D.A. (ed.s) (2007) Competition and Ownership in Land Passenger Transport: Selected papers from the 9th International Conference (Thredbo 9), Elsevier, Oxford, UK
- Walters, D. and Rainbird, M. (2007) Strategic Operations Management: A Value Chain Approach, Palgrave Macmillan, London, UK
- Stopher, P.R. and Stecher, C. (ed.s) (2006) Travel Survey Methods Quality and Future Directions, Elsevier Science, Oxford, UK
- Walsh P., Lok P. and Jones M. (2006) The Measurement and Management of Strategic Change - A Guide to Enterprise Performance Management, Pearson Prentice Hall, Sydney, Australia
- Hensher, D.A., Rose, J.M. and Greene W.H. (2005) Applied Choice Analysis: A Primer, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK
- Hensher, D.A., (ed.) (2005) Competition and Ownership in Land Passenger Transport: Selected papers from the 8th International Conference (Thredbo 8), Elsevier, Oxford, UK