Workshop - Avoiding Death by PowerPoint
Why not develop PowerPoint presentations that engage and encourage students to learn? This workshop will cover both the technical and pedagogical aspects of successful PowerPoint design, and is aimed at educators interested in enhancing their students' lecture experience and learning resources.
The "Avoiding Death by PowerPoint" workshop is aimed at those who are familiar with PowerPoint but would like to explore new ways of teaching and presenting effectively with it. The workshop looks beyond just the "how to" use of the software.
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify features of effective presentations;
- Understand and apply design principles;
- Use PowerPoint to support student learning;
- Use templates, menus and shortcuts during a presentation;
- Insert and present with multimedia (MP3, YouTube, animations)
Tuesday 28/02/12 - (2:00pm - 3:30pm)
Wednesday 29/02/12 - (10am - 11:30am)
Economics and Business Building H69 - Computer Lab 4
To register please email: email@example.com indicating the session time and email or bring an existing PowerPoint presentation along.