LNLs are informal lunches to enable sharing of effective teaching strategies as well as strategies for handling challenges we encounter in teaching. They are also a way for teaching staff to meet and talk about teaching in a supportive environment.
All Business School staff with teaching responsibilities are welcome.
Why would you attend?
Participants say that:
- they gain valuable tips and traps about teaching and student learning
- it makes teaching easier, better and more enjoyable
- they value the chance to meet with other teachers and tutors to talk about what is working well
- they like discussing the challenges of teaching in a supportive environment
- they value learning about teaching from other disciplines
- they enjoy and appreciate the sense of community and support.
The focus of the discussion topics changes at each session. This is driven by participants' interests and any challenges being faced in their teaching. The discussion is generally informal, and is led by attendees. We hear about and discuss ideas, strategies, experiences and the challenges of teaching across disciplinary contexts.
Register now for the Lunch-N-Learns
The Lunch-N-Learn dates and times have not been finalised for 2015.