For 3 weeks in March 2009, Professor in Learning and Assessment from Oxford Brookes UK, Margaret Price, visited the Business School. During her stay she conducted fora on Assessment, Feedback and Large classes, a workshop on Preparing the Groundwork for Aligning your Assessment and a university seminar on Shaping Assessment for the Future. All related to issues and best practices in areas of assessment, assessment standards and feedback. Below is a brief summary of the forums and workshop that were conducted. Almost 100% of participants at her events found them useful and informative. In response to their feedback this page has been created and will contain PDF files of all the presentations Professor Price has done at University of Sydney:
- Could do better!: A presentation for Learning and Teaching Associates about Assessment Standards Knowledge Exchange (ASKe) and their assessment feedback project. General overview of opportunities to improve assessment practices.
- Assessment: Feedback, Criteria and Standards: A forum presentation introducing best practice in assessment standards, importance of student engagement with assessment criteria and practical implications of best practice in assessment.
- Feedback: Engagement and Effectiveness: A forum presentation discussing how to engage students with feedback and how to deal with issues related to feedback.
- Assessment with Large classes: A forum presentation discussing issues of assessment in large classes.
- Making a case for Peer-review/feedback and assessment: A presentation explaining why peer-review is useful and how to integrate the practice with current assessment.
- Assessment: Perils and Pitfalls - preparing groundwork for alignment: A workshop dealing with practical issues in assessment and curriculum alignment.
- Shaping Assessment for the Future: A presentation for senior university staff on present and future of assessment standards