Aligning learning and teaching activities
Learning experiences are designed to help students achieve learning outcomes.
Learning and teaching activities:
- give students opportunities to learn the knowledge and skills that you require them to achieve in assessment tasks
- reinforce what is important in your unit of study if they align with your unit of study learning outcomes. If you can align your unit of study learning and teaching activities up to program learning outcomes, it will create a more meaningful and holistic experience of the program.
- help students practice the skills and use the knowledge fostered in your unit of study
- formative feedback on learning and teaching activities gives students a chance to improve so they can challenge themselves during the assessment
Learning and teaching activities create the learning process for students.
- Section 2.3 of the unit of study outline asks how will each learning and teaching method or activity is designed to help students achieve learning outcomes. There are numerous examples listed in the unit of study outline template guidelines, including lectures, tutorials, readings and eLearning activities.