Creating a Blackboard site
Deadlines for site application for activate
Check the Learning and Teaching in Business Events and Workshops page for Application to Activate submission deadlines.
Three steps to getting your site available for students
The Blackboard Site Application to Activate form has been developed to help provide a single point of access to administer the request, review and release of Blackboard sites for your unit of study. Follow the three steps below to get your Blackboard site online and available to students.
|Step 1: Request a Blackboard site|
a) Log in to the Blackboard Application to Activate form with your Blackboard login details. At Step 1, click "Add a unit to your list of units" and select your unit from the dropdown list.
NB: Business IT will process the request and you will be notified when it's been made available for you. This will take no more than 1 working day.
b) Once you have been notified your requested unit of study site will appear in Blackboard and you can now begin building/importing your site.
|Step 2: Submit your site for review|
a) At Step 2 on the Blackboard Site Application to Activate form, locate your site and select Submit for Review.
NB: The review is performed by Learning and Teaching in Business and they will review certain elements of your site and offer suggestions where appropriate. The review is mandatory and ensures Business School compliance with the Academic Board Policy on Learning Management Systems. When the review is complete, you will be notified and you can then make the site available for students.
|Step 3: Make your site available to students|
a) At Step 3 on the Blackboard Application to Activate form, locate your site and select make available.
Requesting additional instructor and/or tutor access to a site
All lecturers can request access to the sites they are teaching. If you have additional instructors who need access to your site, please follow the instructions below.
- Once a site request has been approved by Business School IT (after step 1) you will have the option to "Add Tutors to this UoS" for each unit of study for which you are an instructor.
- When you click this link, you will be shown a form with all your details already filled in. All you have to do is enter the names, Business School email addresses and teaching roles of the users you want to add.
(Only for staff members that have an account on the Blackboard system already. For new tutors, please fill in a CAMS form with all the details.)
- Business School IT will process the request, generally within 24 hours.
- All instructors in the site will have the option available to make a site "available" (same as currently on Blackboard) so be aware your fellow instructors might have already requested a site.
- The option to make a site available in the Blackboard system has been disabled. The only way to make your site available is by using the Site Application to Activate form.
- If you don't have access to Blackboard yet, please fill in the CAMS form and select the Academic Login.
- This Site Application to Activate form is the ONLY way to request a site for Blackboard.
- Hours: Monday - Friday, 9.00am - 5.00pm
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +61 2 903 66433
- Address: Room 276 Merewether Building (H04)