Mobile learning allows students to interact with their online course content from mobile devices such as smart phones or tablets. The Business School's principle mobile application is Blackboard Mobile Learn which integrates with the Blackboard Learning Management System (LMS).
Offering mobility to online Unit of Study learning resources can improve student engagement and participation. Mobile technology is intended to complement rather than replace accessing Blackboard sites by adding value to key Blackboard content. Generally speaking, mobile technology can be used in class for exercises or outside the classroom for ease-of-access or flipped classroom models.
- Respond or post comments to discussions, blogs or journals
- Upload photos or videos to discussions, blogs or journals
- Easy access to announcements or grades
- More opportunities for students to interact with each other/engage in mobile experiential activities
- For information and QR codes that will direct you to the Blackboard Mobile Learn app log in to Blackboard. Students should go to the "For Students" portal and Staff to the "Mobile Learning" Tab in the "eLearning Support" Portal.
- There is also a Best Practice Guide for Mobile Friendly Blackboard courses guide and other mobile resources for staff in Blackboard.