Business School Awards for Excellence in Tutoring
The purpose of the Business School Awards for Excellence in Tutoring is to recognise, promote, reward and share excellence in facilitating student learning by tutors within the School. In keeping with that purpose, the prize money is to be used on learning and teaching related resources or learning and teaching professional development.
Two $1,000 awards are made annually. In addition to this award, there is also the Dean's Citation for Tutoring.
Nominations of tutors for excellence awards are welcome at any time of the year.
To nominate your tutor consider if you feel they've especially:
- Helped you to think critically on your own
- Presented material imaginatively and enthusiastically
- Shown how recent, relevant events relate
- Been interested in helping you learn
- Provided helpful advice and useful feedback
- Been innovative
- Or supported your learning in any other way that you really appreciate
The closing date for applications for 2013 Excellence in Tutoring Awards is 15th October, 2013 at 5.00pm. Please email applications in one file to Business.TeachingAwards@sydney.edu.au by the due date and time.
Recipients' applications are included on the Awards Recipients page.