Preparing for teaching
Preparing for teaching can include understanding existing curriculum and previous iterations of the unit of study, thinking of ideas for a new unit, ensuring your unit aligns with the program learning outcomes, getting to know your cohort, practicalities for arranging teaching resources and making sure everything fits within University and Business School policies.
- Business School learning and teaching guidelines offer a summary of effective learning and teaching practice
- Design your teaching with learning outcomes in mind to ensure that students learn what you want them to
- University of Sydney Assessment Principles guide how teaching staff should be designing assessment
- Align your teaching to the relevant unit of study, program and/or the Business School to ensure it is relevant
- Evaluation can be sought from your peers, students and/or your teaching team to help you improve your learning and teaching practice
The Business School is committed to supporting and enhancing quality learning and teaching experiences for students and staff. An important goal of your teaching should be to provide learning experiences that are exciting, intellectually challenging and relevant in a collaborative, supportive and welcoming environment.
- Enrol in the Principles and Practice of University Teaching and Learning three-day program ??? completing this program is a University condition of academic staff confirmation
- Find your way around campus by referring to University maps. For local building assistance, refer to the Business School Facilities (Login required).
- Revise University emergency procedures and points of contact so you???re prepared in the event of an emergency.
- Design programs and units of study within Business School expectations
- Refer to the teaching for learning information available for tips on designing teaching that encourages effective learning
- Refer to Business eLearning and Business IT to ensure you have the correct access and skills to utilise blended learning
- Business School Learning and teaching guidelines
- Business School Learning and Teaching Goals 2011-2014
- Learning and Teaching in Business are available to provide advice and support to Business School teaching staff
- The Business School Staff Administration Manual contains policy information you will need to refer to, such as academic honesty
- Business School and University policies in plain English
- Excellence awards for teaching staff