About the Tutor Development Program
The Business School is committed to creating outstanding learning experiences for our students. Central to this outcome is the provision of high quality professional development for tutors to further enhance their ability to create outstanding tutorial experiences for students.
As a result of this commitment, the Tutor Development Program (TDP) modules, provided by Learning and Teaching in Business, are recommended for ALL tutors. It is a requirement that all new tutors complete at least three modules. Ideally these should be Modules 1, 3 and 4 that provide a sound foundation for tutoring. Module 5 comprises of two progressive workshops (5a and 5b). Both workshops need to be completed.
Returning, experienced tutors who have not completed their six hours can choose from any of the modules on offer each semester. Tutors are encouraged to complete all modules offered in the program.
If a tutor has completed these six hours they are still strongly encouraged to continue their ongoing professional development through attending relevant modules.
What's in it for you?
- The TDP provides valuable opportunities for you to:
- deepen your understanding of high quality teaching and student learning;
- learn about and apply new teaching strategies to enhance your students' learning experiences;
- consider what might be affecting your students ability to engage in learning successfully;
- share experiences and ideas with other tutors in your discipline and across the Business School; and
- learn from experienced tutors and lecturers who have taught in the Business School over several years.
- Importantly, in our commitment to supporting tutors, all our casual teaching staff are paid for completing TDP modules. Tutor participation is also recognised with a certificate upon completion.
Who can attend?
While the modules are primarily designed with the needs of tutors in mind, all teaching staff are welcome to attend. Creating positive learning environments is a shared objective.
Frequency of modules and flexible options
Some modules are available to complete online. When modules are facilitated face-to-face, several "workshops" are offered, where possible, to provide flexibility in choice for tutors in terms of the times they attend. Please arrive a little early for workshops so that we can start on time.
Registration for TDP
2013 Registrations will be available soon.
Please note that in addition to the TDP modules, ongoing professional development is provided through the Lunch n Learn program for all staff.