Attendance & payment guidelines
Who gets paid?
If you are new to tutoring, or new to tutoring in the Business School, you are required to complete the full Tutor Development Program. The program involves a total of 8 hours participation including:
- 2 x 2 hr Workshops
- 3 x 1 hr Online Modules (includes Reflective Journal entries)
- 1 x 1 hr Observe to Learn session
When you have completed all of the components of TDP you can make a pay claim for 8 hours. You are also encouraged to attend the Lunch and Learn events on offer and are paid for your attendance.
What if I am a returning tutor?
- If you are a returning tutor who has previously completed the compulsory requirements of TDP you are welcome to enrol in the program and complete any of the components therein but will not get paid for your participation.
- If you are a returning tutor who has not completed any TDP modules previously you are required to complete the program and you will be paid in full.
- If you are a returning tutor who has completed some, but not all, of the previous compulsory modules in the program you will need to contact the TDP Coordinator to discuss which aspects of the program would be most suitable to complete. You will be paid for the hours you complete.
As a returning tutor you are also welcome to attend Lunch and Learn events and get paid for your attendance if you have a current tutor contract.
Your TDP Contract
Please note that your TDP contract is separate to your discipline contract. For all enquiries related to signing your contract and getting paid for TDP please contact HR Administration Officer Irene O’Halloran.