- Tutorials - The why and how?
- First Tutorial Checklist
- Examples of lesson plans:
lesson plan eg 1, lesson plan eg 2, lesson plan eg 3
- Helping people to work together in tutorials
- Questioning in tutorials
- In-class participation criteria:
participation criteria eg 1, participation criteria eg 2
- Presentation Marking Criteria:
presentation criteria eg 1, presentation criteria eg 2
- Useful advice about effective lectures could also be used for tutorials
- A humorous look at some of the pitfalls of using PowerPoint presentations
- Presentation on effective use of PowerPoint
- Advice on voice projection, body language, tone and pace.
- Speaking to an audience
- Energising large classes
- Warm up exercises for the body and voice that help with breathing and speaking
- Vocal freedom
Examples of ice breakers you can use in your first tutorial - Icebreakers
Giving feedback to students
Teaching strategies: giving feedback to students from Flinders University.
Remembering student's names
It can be difficult to remember names, here are some tips - Remembering names
Submit a tip
Do you want to share your advice with other tutors? Please send your tips to Kellie Morrison and they will be added to the website.