Welcome to eResearch: Library skills
This unit of study explores how to distinguish and understand key types of academic information sources.
You will learn how to:
- identify and locate these sources using the Library catalogue and online course reading service (eReserve)
- formulate strategies for locating information for an assessment task or essay, and
- make full use of the range of information, resources and assistance available.
On completion of these modules, you will:
- appreciate the range of resources and search techniques available
- be able to use appropriate library tools and methodologies to locate, access and use information
- know how to acquire and evaluate new knowledge through independent research
- be able to think independently, analytically and creatively, and
- have integrated these information skills into your online learning experience.