Learning & Teaching Events
6th May 2015 8:45am-1:00pm
Blended learning: ‘Courses that integrate online with traditional face-to-face class activities in a planned, pedagogically valuable manner: and where a portion (institutionally defined) of face-to-face time is replaced by online activity’
Picciano, A.G. (2011). Introduction to the special issue on transitioning to blended learning. Journal of Asynchronous Learning Networks, 15(1), 3-7.
Date: Wednesday 6 May
Venue: Webster Lecture Theatre 208 in the Veterinary Science Conference Centre (B22).
Time: 8.45am – 1pm (optional buffet lunch 1pm – 2pm)
Professor Stephen Kosslyn Founding Dean of the Minerva Schools of Arts and Sciences, previously Stanford University Director of the Center for Advanced Study in Behavioral Sciences and Dean of Social Sciences at Harvard. Stephen’s talk will focus on interactive uses of technology to facilitate learning.
- Blended Learning & Educational Innovation Symposium 6th May 2015
- Making videos and vodcasts look better using available light 15th Apr 2015
- Introduction to editing your videos for learning impact 24th Feb 2015
- Introduction to making videos to engage your students 17th Feb 2015
- Feedback: clearer, faster and a lot more enjoyable 17th Feb 2015
- New Business School Teaching Innovations Fellowships Information Session 11th Feb 2015
- Podcasting to actively engage your students: an introduction 26th Nov 2014
- The Business of Flipping 26th Nov 2014
- Creating an Active Learning Environment in an Accounting Course Using a Flipped Approach 17th Sep 2014
- Using Practitioner Stories to Design and Implement Innovative Learning Activities in Visual Analytics 15th May 2014
- Adaptive eLearning: Pathway for Feedback & Feed-Forward 17th Apr 2014
- Developing Students' Critical Thinking 26th Mar 2014
- Providing Effective Feedback for Student Learning 26th Mar 2014