Master of Management
How to Apply
To be eligible to apply for the Master of Management degree you will need:
- a completed bachelor's degree from a recognised tertiary institution with a minimum credit (65%) average. If you have an overseas degree you should consult the Application Requirements for International Students page for equivalence.
- to submit your CV (with photo)
- to submit a statement of motivation
- to attend an interview
- International students - IELTS of 7.0 (with no band lower than 6.0) or equivalent including the TOEFL(IBT) test. Please consult the English Language Proficiency requirements
Applications will be accepted from students who are currently completing the final semester of their degree and have a credit (65%) average at the time of application.
Statement of motivation
Your statement of motivation will be used to help assess your suitability for the program. There is no prescribed format nor is there a minimum or maximum length.
You should consider addressing the following questions:
- Why do you want to do this course?
- What are your main achievements, academic, professional and personal?
- What qualities will you bring to this degree?
- What are your aspirations?
As part of the selection process all students are required to attend an interview. Interviews are conducted in person. If you reside outside the Sydney metropolitan area then your interview will be via phone. The purpose of the interview is to assess your suitability to the program as well as to better understand your motivation for applying. Furthermore during the interview you will be given an opportunity to ask any questions you might have about the program structure.
You will be sent an email to your nominated email address indicating your assigned interview time. Interviews are conducted on a weekly basis, generally on a Thursday or a Friday and take about 15-20minutes. 24 hours prior to your scheduled interview time you will be sent a case study, via email which you will complete during the interview as part of our assessment of your problem solving skills.
Result of your application
You will be advised by email of the result of your application within 3 working days of your interview. You will also be notified via your Sydney Student portal.
The Master of Management course has a limited number of places available. There are two intakes per year.
The Master of Management application closing dates are as follows:
- Applications for admission to semester 1, 2016: 31 January 2016
- Applications for admission to semester 2, 2016: 30 June 2016
Please submit your application (with all available documents) prior to the deadline. Because this program is in high demand, please submit your applications well ahead of the closing dates.
We hold regular Postgraduate Information Sessions to help you discover all you need to know about our courses and admission requirements. For upcoming event details, visit our upcoming events.