Giving out Dean's Citations
10 Jun 2011
An outstanding group of Business School academics have been recognised with the 2011 Dean's Citations for superior teaching performance and commitment to the student learning experience.
Associate Dean (Learning and Teaching) Associate Professor Michele Scoufis said: "These awards recognise those units of study and teaching teams that our students identify as having the best teaching, curriculum design and coordination. The awards are one important example of our emphasis on the quality of our students' learning and their learning experience."
When presenting the awards in the presence of colleagues at the Business School Board Meeting this week, Acting Dean, Professor Tyrone Carlin said it was one of the most rewarding parts of his role to acknowledge academics, at various stages of their career, for commitment to teaching excellence.
The recipients were identified based on feedback received in student evaluations surveys and included:
- Catherine Welch - IBUS6008, Export Management, International Business
- David Kim - ECOS3902 Advanced Macroeconomics Honours, Economics
- Donnel Briley - MKTG6013 International and Global Marketing, Marketing
- Paul Priday - MKTG6006 Creative Communications in Marketing, Marketing
- Peter Lok - TPTM6260 International Logistics, Institute of Transport and Logistics Studies
- Reuben Segara, Henry Leung - FINC6003 Broking and Market Making, Finance
- Sarah Phillips - CISS6006 Statebuilding and Fragile States, Centre for International Security Studies
- Shanie Atkinson, Matthew Keast - IBUS6013 Entrepreneurial Restructuring & Renewal, International Business
Professor Carlin said: "These academics are to be commended for creating an active, stimulating, challenging and relevant learning environment in their classrooms and designing units of study that challenge and inspire."
Be the first to comment.