Excellence recognised by Dean's Citations for Teaching
26 Jul 2013
The University of Sydney Business School has honoured nine of its academics with the Dean's Citation for Teaching, for their achievements in education for Semester 1, 2013.
The Dean's Citation celebrates the exemplary standards set by educators at the Business School, as measured by the feedback received directly from Student Evaluation surveys.
The recipients are:
- Olivera Marjanovic, from the Discipline of Business Information Systems, teaching the Managing Business Intelligence unit of study.
- Antony Ting, from the Discipline of Business Law, teaching the Taxation Law and Practice unit of study.
- Chinmay Pattnaik, from the Discipline of International Business, teaching the Global Strategy unit of study.
- Alan Win and Jeffrey Newtown, from the Institute of Transport and Logistics Studies, teaching the Logistics and Supply Chain Management unit of study.
- Daniel Shepherd, Michael Jenner, Nick Wailes and William Harvey, teaching the Leadership Practice and Development module of the Master of Business Administration (MBA).
"I offer my congratulations to all of the Dean's Citation recipients for Semester 1, 2013," said Associate Professor Michele Scoufis, Associate Dean Learning and Teaching and Director Learning and Teaching Unit at the Business School. "I am truly grateful for their ongoing commitment to providing a quality educational environment for the Business School students."
The Dean's Citation for Teaching is awarded to Unit of Study Coordinators and their teaching teams on the basis of Unit of Study Evaluation (USE) feedback, provided directly by students at the completion of the unit.
The Citation is awarded on the basis of performance in three key areas; Teaching, Assessment and Feedback, and only the teams who achieved in the upper percentages for each receive the award.
For more details on the Dean's Citation awards, please visit the Learning and Teaching webpage.