Honours Ethics Committee 2013
The University of Sydney Business School administers a Honours Ethics Committee that processes all low-risk Honours ethics applications on behalf of the University Ethics Office. In 2013, the Chair of this Committee is Professor Greg Patmore and the secretariat is Ms Rebecca Connell.
The procedure to lodge a Honours ethics proposal to be considered by the Business School Honours Ethics Committee has changed. From 2013, all applications and modifications are submitted and managed online via IRMA (Unikey required). Paper copies and emailed versions are no longer required or accepted.
- Students access the online application system
- Student projects that involve Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and/or involve meeting individuals in their places of residence for interviews etc. are considered high risk and as such must be assessed by the University Ethics Committee.
- The Business School Committee may still forward some difficult ethics ubmissions to the University Ethics Committee for consideration.
- Before submission, applications are required to be authorised by the relevant Chair of Discipline. If the Chair is the supervisor, the application must be signed off by the Deputy Dean (Academic).
The closing dates for submission for 2013 are:
- Wednesday March 13 (Committee meets on Wednesday 20 March)
- Wednesday 17 April (Committee meets on Wednesday 24 April)
- Wednesday 15 May (Committee meets on Wednesday 22 May)
- Wednesday 19 June (Committee meets on Wednesday 26 June)
- Wednesday 24 July (Committee meets on Wednesday 31 July)
- Wednesday 21 August (Committee meets on Wednesday 28 August)