Honours Ethics Committee 2014
The University of Sydney Business School administers a Honours Ethics Committee that processes all low-risk Honours ethics applications on behalf of the University Ethics Office. In 2014, the Chair of this Committee is Professor Greg Patmore and the secretariat is Ms Rebecca Connell.
The procedure to lodge a Honours ethics proposal to be considered by the Business School Honours Ethics Committee has changed. From 2013, all applications and modifications are submitted and managed online via IRMA (Unikey required). Paper copies and emailed versions are no longer required or accepted.
Short 'how to' videos are available:
- Students access the online application system at: How to apply for human ethics approval
- Student projects that involve Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and/or involve meeting individuals in their places of residence for interviews etc. are considered high risk and as such must be assessed by the University Ethics Committee.
- The Business School Committee may still forward some difficult ethics submissions to the University Ethics Committee for consideration.
- Before submission, applications are required to be authorised by the relevant Chair of Discipline. If the Chair is the supervisor, the application must be signed off by the Deputy Dean (Academic).
The closing dates for submission for 2014 are:
- Monday March 17 (Committee meets on Thursday March 20)
- Thursday April 17 (Committee meets on Thursday April 24)
- Monday May 19 (Committee meets on Thursday May 22)
- Monday June 16 (Committee meets on Thursday June 19)
- Friday July 25 (Committee meets on Thursday July 31)
- Monday August 25 (Committee meets on Thursday August 28)