Professional Development Workshops in Quantitative Analysis using Stata
The application of all methods are demonstrated using the statistical software Stata. Below we provide the highlights from each workshop. Click on the hyperlink to see the full program.
- 23-27 June 2014: Advanced Data Visualisation, Programming, Raw Data Management, Time-series analysis
- 10-14 February 2014: Mixed/multilevel methods, Monte Carlo simulation, programming
- 24-28 June 2013: Structural equation modelling (SEM), management of raw data, data visualisation
- 11-15 February 2013 Monte Carlo simulation, event study methodology
- 6-10 February 2012: Advanced time-series methods and state-space models, programming and visualisation.
- 18-22 July 2011: survival analysis, data management; programming; econometric modelling.
- 15-18 February 2011: advanced data visualisation, programming estimation commands.
- 21-25 June 2010: multiple imputation; econometric modelling and statistical testing; panel data analysis; time series analysis.
- 10-12 February 2010: multilevel/mixed and hierarchical models; programming.
- 13-17 Jul 2009: Stata programming and Mata secrets; econometric modelling; survey data analysis.
- 23-25 Jul 2008: complex data management; time-series analysis; panel data analysis.
Affiliation of participants
MEAFA's professional development workshops are widely recognised by industry, government and academia for their state-of-the-art content. To date, more than 600 participants have attended our workshops. Below is a list of organisations sending executives, researchers and research students to our workshops:
Industry and Non-profit
Funding PhD scholarships
The fees from the MEAFA professional development workshops go to funding MEAFA PhD scholarships and other development research programs.
Research training to MEAFA members
MEAFA's professional development workshops have another key purpose, to keep MEAFA members continuously updated with the latest developments in quantitative analysis. To date, MEAFA has offered in excess of $100,000 worth of free research training to MEAFA member, faculty and research students.