- 25-26 February 2010: Joint-workshop at Auckland University of Technology: on International Comparisons of the Re-Regulation of Industrial Relations ( Australia and New Zealand).
- 29 April 2010: ACTU Organising Conference: a jointly-hosted session on women and organising.
- 18 May 2010: Joint-workshop at Unions WA, Perth to establish a Perth-based equivalent to the Union Strategy Research Group.
- 21 May 2010: Joint-workshop at Curtin Graduate School of Business to establish a West Australian Work and Employment Relations Study Group.
- 26 July 2010: Joint-workshop (with Workplace Research Centre) on the new Low-Paid Bargaining Stream and the Liquor, Hospitality and Miscellaneous Workers Union (LHMU) bid for a Low Paid Application, the first under the new framework. The workshop was attended by thirty researchers working in the area of low pay from across the country and ten senior national and state officials of the union. The meeting resolved to establish a network of 'low pay' researchers, which will meet at AIRAANZ in Feb 2011, and at later times. Members of the network and attendees at the workshop (Cooper, Watson, Kaine) made expert witness submissions to the Low Paid Authorisation application - the major test case for 2010.
- 5 August: Closed 'strategy session' with the LHMU, examining in detail the Low-Paid Bargaining Stream and preparing submissions for Fair Work Australia.
- 25 August: Seminar - Professor Gregor Gall, University of Hertfordshire, ‘Neo-liberalism and ‘New’ Labour: Explaining Reform and Stasis in Collective Labour Law since 1997'.
- 18 November: Annual Lecture "Union Futures?" , Ged Kearney, ACTU President.
- 19 June: Seminar - Emeritus Professor Ed Davis, Macquarie University, "2009 ACTU Congress: Don't Mention the Accord!".
- 24 July: Seminar, Emeritus Professor David Brody, UC Berkeley, "American Labor Law as a Model for Australia? Or, Can You Get Here From There?"
- 28 August: Joint-seminar with Unions NSW as post-IIRA event to facilitate exchanges between local union officials and academic researchers and international scholars.
- 12 October: Seminar - Professor Mark Stuart, Centre for Employment Relations Innovation and Change, Leeds Business School, "Supply Side Industrial Relations and The Trade Union Learning Agenda in Britain".
- 27 October: Joint-workshop with Catalyst and Professor Ewing: by invitation only, this event attracted a dozen leading national union officials to discuss the early impact of the Fair Work Act on collective bargaining.
- 5 November: Annual Lecture "Legal Strategies for Trade Union Recovery: Lessons from Three Continents", Professor Keith Ewing, King's College, London.
- 18 November: Workshop - "Women, the Global Financial Crisis and Paths to Recovery", co-hosted with The Women & Work Research Group, the NSW Office for Women's Policy and the NSW Premier's Council for Women.
- January 2008: Research program with Dr Tony Dundon, Visiting Fellow from National University of Ireland. Tony's project is entitled "Bargaining for Skills: Trade Union Organising for Workplace Vocational Education and Training".
- June 2008: Reports for Unions NSW and NSW Nurses on the Your Rights at Work campaign.
- 24 June 2008: Symposium co-sponsor with Unions NSW: "An Industrial Relations System for the 21st Century"