Women's Business - Current issues and future agendas,
7th Mar 2008 -
The day involved presentations on the latest research, debates, interactions with policy makers as well as participant projections of the future for women, work and life in Australia.
The Hon Tanya Plibersek MP, the Minister for the Status of Women, Commonwealth Government of Australia opened the colloquium. Opening Address
The Hon Verity Firth MP, Minister for Women, New South Wales closed the colloquium. Closing Address
The speakers and topics included:
- Dr Brigid van Wanrooy, University of Sydney: Women at Work : Women's current status in the Australian labour market.
- Meg Smith, University of Western Sydney: Gender Pay Equity Reform in Australia: What is the Way Forward?
- Associate Professor Marian Baird, University of Sydney: Long Time Coming - Paid Maternity Leave in Australia, 2008
- Dr Rae Cooper, University of Sydney: Women Union Leaders .
- Associate Professor Bradon Ellem, University of Sydney: Women's Union History: Revisiting a Century of Gender Struggle .
- Dr Suzanne Jamieson, University of Sydney: The institutions of equality for Australian working women.
- Dr Suzanne Ainsworth and Dr Leanne Cutcher, University of Sydney: Consuming to work: gendered ageism in the Australian labour market.
For further information about this research project, or if you would like to participate in a focus group, please contact Leanne Cutcher
- Professor Gabrielle Meagher and Natasha Cortis, University of Sydney: Australian women and welfare to work: Lessons from international experience .