B. Bus, BA (Hons) Curtin; PhD Sydney
ARC Research Fellow
The University of Sydney
NSW 2006 Australia
|Telephone||+61 2 9036 9081|
|Fax||+61 2 9351 5615|
Mike has undertaken research on work, labour markets, skills development, occupational health and safety, and financial aspects of working life, including mortgage stress, superannuation and retirement. He has also written on the shifting of life course risks from employers and the state to workers and households and the growing role of financial markets in managing those risks. Previously, he was MBA Program Coordinator at the University of Wollongong. Mike holds a PhD in economics,is an Honorary Research Fellow at the Institute of Employment Research at Warwick University and has taught at universities in Australia and Europe.
ABC Fact Check
ABC Fact Check quoted Dr Michael Rafferty from the Business School about a claim made by the Deputy Liberal Leader about Australia’s debt and deficit ahead of the May budget.
Michael Rafferty on ABC Radio 18 Apr 2016
ABC Mid North Coast
Dr Michael Rafferty was interviewed on ABC Mid North Coast about the benefits of annuities for purchasers and investors.
Michael Rafferty on 2SM Sydney 04 Apr 2016
Dr Michael Rafferty was interviewed on 2SM Sydney about the Federal Government’s proposal to allow states and territories to levy income taxes.
Michael Rafferty on 666 ABC Canberra 30 Mar 2016
666 ABC Canberra
Dr Michael Rafferty was interviewed on 666 ABC Canberra about the Prime Minister floating a proposal to allow states and territories to levy income taxes.
Radio National The World Today
Radio National’s The World Today interviewed Dr Michael Rafferty about taxation reform and a proposal to introduce a ‘death tax’.
- Financial Eruptions and Disruptions ; Dr Michael Rafferty; Lonnborg M; Jan Wallander Foundation.
- Systems of Tax Evasion and Laundering: Locating Global Wealth Chains in the Global Political Economy ; Dr Michael Rafferty; Seabrooke L; Wigan D; Ali V; Tsingou E; Palan R; Marshall D; De Carvahlo B; Sharman J; Norwegian Research Council.
- Risk shifting, retirement and low-paid work; Dr Michael Rafferty; ARC Federation Fellowship.
- Finance and financial markets
- Corporate governance
- Transition economics
- International economics and business
- Political economy
- Monetary theory
- Australian economic policy
- Balance of Payments