Paris Placement Program
By submitting an application you agree to the following program conditions:
Selection criteria and application process
- Acceptance into the program is selective and is based initially on the student's written application and online interview. Shortlisted students will be asked to attend an assessment centre which mirrors the graduate recruitment process.
- All applicants must have completed (or will complete in semester 1 2017) at least 2 full load semesters of their degree.
- Applications will only be accepted during the specified application dates via the online web-form. Late applications will not be considered.
- All applications will only be received via the online application form.
- All applicants must not apply to graduate prior to completing their placement & unit of study requirements.
- The University of Sydney Business School will administer all applications and all enquiries should be directed to: The Work Integrated Learning Coordinator, Fiona Thien. Enquiries should not be directed to SciencesPo.
- Placements will take place from 26th June to 4th August.
- As far as possible the Business School will allocate placements aligned with each student's educational background and area of interest. However this cannot be guaranteed and is dependent on the number and type of host organisations participating.
- Applicants are expected to be open-minded about where they are placed taking into account the full value of the international experience.
- Students will work 5 days per week with the specific hours being determined by the host organisation. The specific work hours are agreed with the host organisation prior to the commencement of placement. A representative of the host organisation will provide a work statement outlining the main objectives of the placement. This may also include a list of the student's main tasks and any further work obligations that can be readily identified and reviewed periodically throughout the work period.
- Students are expected to represent the University, SciencesPo and host organisation in a positive manner at all times. Inappropriate behaviour or misrepresentation of the University's name and resources, either professionally or otherwise may result in the immediate termination of the student from the program.
- Students must not attempt to facilitate work placement arrangements outside those directly associated with the program.
- All placements are unpaid however students will earn 12 credit points for successfully completing the program.
- Students must ensure they possess a current passport with 6 months validity after date of return.
- Students must provide the necessary supporting documents.
- Students are responsible for their own travel arrangements to and from Paris. Students must arrive in Paris by 25 June 2017 to attend the mandatory orientation session for the program. Failure to attend the orientation session will result in a financial penalty payable by the student.
- A deposit of A$1000 is due by 28th April 2017 and the full fees are due by 26th May 2017.
- Students are expected to agree to photographs or video taken in connection to the program being used for marketing purposes by the University of Sydney Business School and SciencesPo.
- Student information as required for administering all aspects of the program will be transferred from the University of Sydney Business School to SciencesPo.
- In the event that the Paris Placement Program is cancelled, students will receive a 100 per cent refund of the program fees.
- Upon acceptance, all students must pay a deposit of A$1000 by close of business on 28th April 2017, which will only be refunded in the event that the Paris Placement Program is cancelled.
- Students who withdraw from the Paris Placement Program prior to close of business on 2nd June 2017 will receive a full refund of any program fees paid, less the A$1000 deposit.
- 100% FEE-HELP debt for the BUSS2502/BUSS6504 Paris Placement Program unit will be incurred after the census date. No refund of program fee is payable for unit of study withdrawals received after this date.
- Applications to withdraw from the Paris Placement Program must be received in writing and lodged with the University of Sydney Business School Careers and Employability Office by no later than 2nd June 2017.