This page outlines the process involved to print to the Business School's wireless printers for laptop computers, while connected to the University's wireless network. The process involves several steps:
- Connect to the University's wireless network
- Using a web browser, go to https://wireless.econ.usyd.edu.au
- Log into PaperCut
- Select Web Printing from the menu
- Select the printer to print to
- Upload the file to be printed
- Release the print job
- Collect your printout from the printer
Please note that the wireless printers have the following features/limitations:
- Only 200 free pages per year, the equivalent of $20.00, are available to each student.
- After the 200 free pages, your UniKey account will be charged at 10 cents per page.
- The Business School supplies two wireless printers. Located in the ground floor hallway of Economics and Business Building, H69, and Room 310 of the Institute of Transport and Logistics Studies (C37).
- Wireless printers are only available from 7:30 am to 9:00 pm Monday to Friday and 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Saturday and Sunday. Times may vary during semester breaks to coincide with building opening hours.
- Maximum size for each print job is limited to 100 pages or 10Mb file size.
- Print jobs which are not released after 30 mins are automatically deleted from the queue without any charges.
- Only the following file types can be printed:
Application / File Type
Microsoft Office Excel
xls, xlsx, xlam, xlsb, xlsm, xltm, xltx
Microsoft Office PowerPoint
ppt, pptx, pot, potm, potx, ppam, pps, ppsm, ppsx, pptm
Microsoft Office Word
doc, docx, docm, dot, dotm, dotx
- Only one sided printing is available.
- Only Black and White printing is available.
- Connect to the University's Wireless network for more details. The University has a number of wireless hotspots around the university
- Open a web browser and go to https://wireless.econ.usyd.edu.au
- At the PaperCut login page, enter your Business School student username and password.
Once logged in, you are presented with your wireless account's Summary page. Please note: this is not the same Balance as your Business School computer lab printing account.
- Select Web Print from the left hand menu.
- Click on Submit a Job to start the printing process.
- Select the printer to print to i.e. H96-Express-Printer-1 for the Economics and Business Building
- Select the number of copies you require.
- Click on Browse and select the document to be printed.
- Click on Upload & Complete to continue.
The table will be updated as the document is uploaded for printing.
- The document is ready for printing. Select either the Held in a queue or the Jobs Pending Release menu item.
- Select either print to print the document or cancel to remove the document from the queue.
- The status of the table will update as the job is processed.
- Collect your print job from the printer.
View Transaction History
You can view your printing history via the 'Transaction History' menu item. If you see 'Automatic transfer from PRCHECK', this is the amount deducted from your UniKey account as you have used your free 200 pages.