Maths in Business
Maths in Business is a free program available to students at the University of Sydney Business School. The program includes workshops in intermediate-level maths and Excel, both of which are fundamental skills for any aspiring business student.
The Maths in Business program helps ensure high achievement throughout your business degree. Most foundational units of study require a firm understanding of maths, and this is essential to senior units in accounting, business analytics and finance.
Maths workshops are offered in a variety of areas, giving you the opportunity to:
- master basic and intermediate maths skills in a welcoming environment
- get ahead in subjects such as accounting, finance and statistics
- meet new people in your course – a great way to break the ice when starting university
- meet with a high-achieving maths tutor who completely understands the first-year experience.
- work with practice materials and resources that will enable you to build autonomously on your learning and understanding.
The workshops run from week 2–6 of semester. They are structured to strengthen your basic knowledge of algebra before progressing to calculus and probability, after which you can refine your Excel skills (we offer all subjects at beginner and intermediate levels).