Employment Relations in a Global Context: An International Forum
30th Mar 2011 8:30am-5:15pm
The Global Forum in 2011 follows the highly successful World Congress on Industrial Relations held in Sydney in 2009 attended by more than 900 participants from over 40 countries. A number of keynote speakers from that congress are returning to Sydney to review international changes which have occurred since the Global Financial Crisis and its aftermath. The Forum will also provide an opportunity to review the effects of recent reforms in Australia in the context of the re-elected Labour government from a wide range of employer and union perspectives.
The Global Forum is jointly sponsored by the International Labour and Employment Relations Association (ILERA) based in Geneva, the Journal of Industrial Relations (JIR) published by the Industrial Relations Association of Australia (IRSA) and the Workplace Research Centre (WRC) at the University of Sydney.
- Professor Thomas Kochan, Sloan School of Management at MIT in Cambridge, USA who has served as an adviser to Presidents Bill Clinton and Barack Obama
- Professor William Brown, Master of Darwin College and former Head of Economics at Cambridge University who has served on Britain's Minimum Wage Commission
- Professor Janice Bellace, Wharton School of Management, University of Pennsylvania and President of the International Labour and Employment Relations Association.
- Dr Peter Auer, Senior Fellow at the International Institute for Labour Studies in Geneva and former Head of the European Employment Observatory in Berlin, Germany.
- Professor Mia Ronnmar, Faculty of Law at the University of Lund in Sweden who has recently published a book on Industrial Relations in the European Union.
- Dr Chang-Hee Lee, Senior Adviser on Employment and Labour Relations issues for the ILO in China who formerly served as the Asian Regional Adviser in Bangkok.
- Ged Kearney, President, Australian Council of Trade Unions. She was previously Federal Secretary of the Australian Nursing Federation, one of Australia's largest and fastest growing unions.
- Peter Anderson, Chief Executive, Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry. Peter represents Australian business regionally and globally at international forums such as the OECD, the International Organisation of Employers and on the Governing Body of the International Labour Organisation (ILO) in Geneva, Switzerland.
- Heather Ridout, Chief Executive, Australian Industry Group. Heather holds a large number of key national positions on bodies which include the National Workplace Relations Consultative Committee, Infrastructure Australia and Skills Australia and the Henry Review of Taxation.
- $550 Standard rate (after 31st December).
- $450 University of Sydney alumni rate (Please enter special rate code ?alumni? when booking online)
- $450 Early bird rate (A limited amount of early bird tickets are available until the 31st of December).
- $150 University of Sydney staff rate (Please enter special rate code "sydney" when booking online).
- $95 Full-time student rate (This should be booked directly with Karen Treacy and course title and student number will be required).