Happiness, Health & Wellbeing @ Work Conference
3rd Oct 2013 9:00am-5:00pm
The Happiness, Health and Wellbeing @ Work Conference presents the latest research and strategies on workplace health and wellbeing. Now in its 7th year, the Conference will feature presentations from leading experts on work and health as well a panel discussion, organisational case studies and an interactive session. The 2013 Happiness, Health and Wellbeing @ Work Conference promises to be a great learning and networking opportunity for all involved.
Confirmed presentations include:
- The importance of improving health through work, Professor Chris Rissel, Director, Office of Preventive Health, NSW Health
- Managing mental health in the workplace: what works, Dr Samuel Harvey, Senior Lecturer in Workplace Mental Health, University of NSW
- Physical activity and sedentary behaviour in the workplace: an overview of the research, Professor Adrian Bauman, School of Public Health, University of Sydney
- Creating inclusive workplace health programs, Deborah Vallance, National Occupational Health and Safety Coordinator, Australian Manufacturing Workers Union
- The Healthy Living Network - Healthy Workers Quality Framework Registration, Emma O'Neill, Healthy Living Network Project Officer, Quality Innovation Performance
Confirmed case studies include:
- Mental Health and Productivity: A Love Story, Josh Bornstein, Principal, Maurice Blackburn Lawyers
- Building Resilience at Work, Fay Walker, WHS Advisor, North Sydney Council
- Designing and implementing a health and wellbeing program for blue collar workers, Simon Mitchell, Tomago Aluminium
- Liverpool Hospital Active Travel Plan, Nick Petrunoff, Physical Activity Program Manager, South Western Sydney and Sydney Local Health District Health Promotion Service
- An evaluation of sit-stand desks at Optus, Megan Kingham, Health and Wellbeing Manager, Optus and Dr Bill Sukala, Lecturer of Clinical Exercise Physiology, Southern Cross University
Confirmed sessions include:
- Engaging Senior Leadership Panel Discussion: Listen to leaders and senior management from a variety of organisations talk about why they support the health and well-being of their employees and how you can get buy in from senior management in your organisation.
- Free resources for your workplace health and wellbeing program - interactive session: Many of you who support employee health and wellbeing are looking for free and cheap resources, services and information that can be used in your organisation's workplace health programs. Bring along your suggestions and listen to the other attendees' experiences and suggestions. A list of free resources, services and information sources will be developed during the session and distributed to conference attendees.
The conference attracts around 80 HR, OHS and Wellbeing Managers each year from both the private and public sector. This is conference will be especially useful for those involved in implementing wellbeing programs in the workplace. Researchers and policy makers are also encouraged to attend.
Early bird rate: $299 until 16 August
Standard rate: $350
Discounted rates available for University of Sydney staff and students, Mental Health Association NSW Workplace Health Promotion Network members and organisations registering three or more attendees. Contact email@example.com for more information.
Wesley Conference Centre, 220 Pitt Street, Sydney
Thursday 3 October 2013
Contact for more information
Phone: (02) 9351 5622