Sydney Health and Work Research Network Sustainable Work Symposium
17th Jul 2014 9:00am-5:00pm
Sustainable Work: Health, Wellbeing and Productivity
Sustainable Work creates contexts in which individuals are productively employed in jobs that sustain physical, psychological and economic wellbeing over time as well as balance the diverse interests of employers, workers and families.
The Sydney Health and Work Research Network Symposium will open with a paper on the concept of Sustainable Work that outlines the insights of the Sydney Health and Work Research Network in this area of research.
The presentation of the Sustainable Work Paper will be followed by two sessions of debate about the findings presented in the paper. The first of these sessions will be from leading researchers external to the University of Sydney and the second will be from thoughtful practitioners. The final session of the day will focus on future priorities for health and work research and will include a panel discussion.
Those interested in the nexus between work and health are invited to attend this thought-provoking day to hear about the latest research and network with like-minded people.
The Symposium will feature the following speakers:
- Belinda Hutchinson, Chancellor, University of Sydney
- Jill Trewhella, Professor and Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research), University of Sydney
- John Buchanan, Professor and Director, Workplace Research Centre, Business School, University of Sydney and Leader, Sydney Health and Work Research Network.
- Barbara Pocock, Professor and Director, Centre for Work and Life, University of South Australia
- Sisse Gron, Senior Researcher, TeamWorkLife, Denmark
- Christina Bolger, Director, Scheme Design, Comcare
- Sally Sinclair CEO, National Employment Services Association (NESA)
- Michele Grow, Chief Executive Officer, Davidson Trahaire Corpsych
- Nick Glozier, Professor, Brain and Mind Research Institute, University of Sydney
- Teresa Davis, Associate Professor, Marketing, Business School, University of Sydney and Co-Leader, Business of Health Network
- Chris Rissel, Director, Office for Preventive Health, NSW Health and Professor, School of Public Health, University of Sydney
- Andrew Wilson, Professor and Director, Menzies Centre for Health Policy, University of Sydney and Research Domain Leader, Charles Perkins Centre.
Download the Symposium Program
Date:Thursday 17 July, 2014. 9:00am - 5:00pm
Venue:Darlington Centre, University of Sydney
Cost:$60 (discounted rates available for University of Sydney staff and students and WHPN members, contact Stacey Young)
Contact: Rebecca Fielding on (02) 9351 0198