22nd Annual Labour Law Conference
25th Aug 2014 9:00am-5:00pm
Labour Law in practice 2014: the big issues and the big cases
For the last 21 years the Annual Labour Law Conference has brought together leading Australian and International labour law and industrial relations experts to reflect on the most recent developments and debate on their significance for employers and employees.
At this year's Labour Law Conference, presenters will discuss the top cases and major issues facing labour law in 2014. Senior Deputy President Jonathan Hamberger from the Fair Work Commission will present the keynote address on the topic of 'The new anti-bullying provisions and the growth of individual employment rights'.
Other topics and speakers at this year's conference include:
- Mutual trust and confidence: David Chin, Barrister, 5 Wentworth and Adjunct Lecturer, Employment Law, University of Sydney
- Social media use and employee freedom of speech rights: Louise Thornthwaite, Senior Lecturer, Department of Marketing and Management, Macquarie University
- Unfair dismissals and termination: Neil Napper, Partner, Lander &Rogers
- Anti-discrimination and Equal Employment Opportunity: Therese MacDermott, Senior Lecturer, Macquarie Law School, Macquarie University
- Restrictive covenants and restraints of trade: Cameron Roles, Senior Lecturer, ANU College of Law
- Award Reliance and Incentives to Bargain: Professor John Buchanan, Workplace Research Centre, University of Sydney Business School
- Developments in Collective Labour Law including Trade Unions Royal Commission and Enterprise Bargaining: Professor Anthony Forsyth, Program Director, Juris Doctor Programs, Graduate School of Business &Law, RMIT.
The Annual Labour Law Conference is eligible for 6 MCLE/CPD points.
Date: Monday, 25 August 2014: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Venue: Sofitel Wentworth Sydney
- Early Bird - $695 until 27 June
- General Conference Rate - $795
- University of Sydney Staff and Student rates are also available, contact WRC.
Contact: Rebecca Fielding on (02) 9351 0198