Sydney Health and Work Research Network (SHWRN)
The SHWRN is lead by Professor John Buchanan, Director of the Workplace Research Centre (WRC).
The Sydney Health and Work Research Network (SHWRN) was established in 2012 with funding from the University of Sydney¿¿¿s Research Networks Scheme to support the development of high quality innovative multi-disciplinary research projects in the area of work and health. The Network comprises leading researchers from across many disciplines at the University, including Business, Health Sciences, Medicine, Nursing, Psychology, Pharmacy, Epidemiology and Public Health, Health Economics, Engineering, Information Systems and Law. The SHWRN is lead by Professor John Buchanan, Director of the Workplace Research Centre (WRC) in the University of Sydney Business School.
The mission of the SHWRN is to inform the development of sustainable work that enhances health and productivity. The Network aims to:
- Increase the understanding of the links between health and work;
- discover ways to improve health and wellbeing through work;
- identify ways to improve productivity through health-enhancing work;
- help reduce the heavy financial and social costs of work-related ill health by improved prevention and rehabilitation; and
- assist those vulnerable workers, and those disadvantaged by ill health or disability, to realise their potential to participate in healthy, satisfying and productive employment.
More information can be found at the Sydney Health and Work Research Network Website.