How do I get a staff card?

After you have commenced employment, visit the Student Centre to collect your card.

To collect your Staff Card, you will need to present your:

Please note that your first staff card is free, a fee only applies to replacement of lost, stolen or damaged cards

Staff at remote campuses
Replacement cards
Damaged cards
Caring for your card

Remote campus staff card applications

If you are a staff member at a remote location you can apply for a Staff Card by completing the Remote Campus Staff Card Application

You will need to email with the form:

  • An endorsed passport-sized photo
  • A certified copy of your passport, driver’s licence or NSW Photo Card.

Certification can be done by:

Email all required documentation to:

Alternatively, you can arrange for your faculty to endorse all required documentation and photo, and send it on your behalf.

Replacement cards

Lost or stolen cards

If your card is lost or stolen, you must report the loss immediately by calling:

  • Campus Cards on +61 2 9351 2423 between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday.
  • Security Services on +61 2 9351 3487 at other times.

A replacement card will be issued from Campus Cards on presentation of photo identification such as driver's licence, NSW Photo Card or passport.

A fee of $20 will apply for replacement of lost or stolen cards.

Please note: Campus Cardstakes payments by credit card, EFTPOS, cheque or money order, and does not accept cash.

You may also pay in advance online. Please visit the Campus Cards with your receipt number or contact us for further information.

Change of name

If you have changed your name contact the HR Service Centre to update your records:

T 1300 850 484
T +61 2 8627 1300 (ext. 71300)
8am-6pm Mon to Fri

A replacement card will be issued from on presentation of photo identification, in your new name, such as driver's licence, NSW Photo Card or passport.

Damaged cards

If your card is damaged, you can have a new card issued on presentation of your old card. You will need to provide photo identification such as driver's licence, NSW Photo Card or passport.

A fee of $20 may apply for replacement of a damaged card.

Caring for your card

Your staff card contains an internal mechanism that will allow you to access the buildings across campus that are currently being installed with contactless readers, as well as magnetic stripe technology. This mechanism is located around the internal perimeter of your card, and can be damaged if:

  • The card is cracked in any way.
  • A hole is punched through the card.
  • The card is bent in any way.

Such damage can be avoided by:

  • Using an appropriate card holder, supplied by Campus Cards when you commence your employment. Replacement card holders are also available to purchase at the Campus Cards counter.
  • Not storing the card in your pocket.
  • Avoiding excessive heat exposure.

Please note that a $20 replacement fee may incur for cards damaged through improper care.