Prof Lin Ye
BE Harbin, ME PhD BUAA, FTSE
Phone: +61-02 9351 4798
Fax: +61-02 9351 7060
Address: Room S306, J07 - Mechanical Engineering Building
- Composites science and technology
- Smart materials and structures
- Nano-materials and nano-composites
- Structural integrity and durability
- PhD, Beijing Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, China, 1987
- ME, Beijing Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, China, 1984
- BE, Harbin Institute of Shipping Engineering and Technology, China, 1982
- Fellow of Australian Academy of Technological Science & Engineering (FTSE)
- Head of School, The University of Sydney, 2004-07
- Professor, The University of Sydney, 2003-Present
- Reader, The University of Sydney, 1999-2002
- Senior Lecturer, The University of Sydney, 1996-98
- Lecturer, The University of Sydney, 1992-95
- Alexander von Humboldt Fellowship, University of Kaiserslautern, Germany, 1990-92
- Guest Professor, Sichuan University, China, 2009-Present
- Chang Jiang Scholar, Shanghai Jiaotong University, China, 2008-11
- Visiting Professor, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, China, 2008-09; Harbin Institute of Technology, China, 2007-Present; Harbin Engineering University, China, 2007-Present; Shanghai Jiaotong University, China, 2006-2008; Tongji University, China, 2002-08; City University of Hong Kong, China, 2002
Professor Ye holds over 400 scientific publications including 6 books (3 edited proceedings) and 250 refereed papers in leading international journals. Representative publications are given below:
- Su, Z. and Ye, L. (2009). “Identification of damage using Lamb waves: From fundamentals to applications”, London: Springer-Verlag GmbH & Co., ISBN: 978-1-84882-783-7, 346 pages. (Go to the Springer website for more information.)
- Ye, L., Mai, Y.-W. and Su, Z. (2004). “Composites Technologies for 2020 – Proceedings of the 4th Asian-Australasian Conference on Composite Materials”, Cambridge: Woodhead Publishing Ltd., ISBN: 1-85573-831-7. (Go to the Woodhead website for more information.)
Chapters in books
- Su, Z., Wang, X. and Ye, L. (2009). “Data fusion of multiple signals from the Sensor Network”, in Encyclopedia of Structural Health Monitoring, edited by Boller, C., Chang, F.-K. and Fujino, Y., Chichester: John Wiley & Sons, Inc. (U.K.), ISBN: 978-0-470-05822-0, pp. 697-708. (Go to the Wiley website for more information.)
- Su, Z. and Ye, L. (2008). “Lamb wave-based quantitative identification of delamination in composite laminates”, in Delamination Behaviour of Composites, edited by Sridharan, S., Cambridge: Woodhead Publishing Ltd., ISBN: 1-84569-244-6, pp. 169-216. (Go to the Woodhead website for more information.)
- Su, Z. and Ye, L. (2005). “Modelling structural damage using elastic wave-based techniques”, in Multi-scale Modelling of Composite Material Systems - the Art of Predictive Damage Modelling, edited by Soutis, C. and Beaumont, P.W.R., Cambridge: Woodhead Publishing Ltd., ISBN: 1-85573-936-4, pp. 430-468. (Go to the Woodhead website for more information.)
- Sun, K., Meng, G., Li, F.C., Ye, L. and Lu, Y. (2010). “Damage identification in thick steel beam based on guided ultrasonic waves”, Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures, 21(3), 225-232.
- Wang, D., Ye, L., Su, Z., Lu, Y., Li, F.C. and Meng, G. (2010). “Probabilistic damage identification based on correlation analysis using guided wave signals in aluminum plates”, Structural Health Monitoring, 9(2), 133-144.
- Wang, D., Ye, L., Lu, Y., and Li, F. (2010). A damage diagnostic imaging algorithm based on the quantitative comparison of Lamb wave signals. Smart Materials and Structures, 19(6): 065008(12pp).
- Chang, L., Friedrich, K., Ye, L. and Toro, P. (2009). “Evaluation and visualization of the percolating networks in multi-wall carbon nanotube (CNTs)/epoxy composites”, Journal of Materials Science, 44, 4003-4012.
- Deng, S.Q., Zhang, J.N. and Ye, L. (2009). “Halloysite-Epoxy nanocomposites with improved particle dispersion through ball mill homogenisation and chemical treatments”, Composites Science and Technology, 69, 2497–2505.
- Deng, S.Q., Qi, B., Hou, M., Ye, L. and Magniez, K. (2009). “Assessment of fibre/matrix interfacial bonding performance between polymer threads and epoxy resin by transverse fibre bundle (TFB) tests”, Composites Part A, 40, 1698–1707.
- Li, F.C., Meng, G., Ye, L., Lu, Y. and Kageyama, K. (2009). “Dispersion analysis of Lamb waves and damage detection for aluminum structures using ridge in the time-scale domain”, Measurement Science and Technology, 20, 095704.
- Lu, Y., Ye, L., Wang, D., Zhong, Z.R. and Herszberg, I. (2009). “Damage detection in a large composite panel of five stiffeners using Lamb wave signals”, Materials Forum, 33, 136-142.
- Lu, Y., Ye, L., Su, Z., Zhou, L.-M. and Cheng, L. (2009). “Artificial neural network (ANN)-based crack identification in aluminum plates with Lamb wave signals”, Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures, 20(1), 39-49.
- Lu, Y., Ye, L., Wang, D. and Zhong, Z.R. (2009). “Time-domain analyses and correlations of Lamb wave signals for damage detection in a composite panel of multiple stiffeners”, Journal of Composite Materials, 4326, 3211-3230.
- Lu, Y., Ye, L., Wang, D., Zhou, L.-M. and Cheng, L. (2009). “Piezo-activated guided wave propagation and interaction with damage in tubular structures”, Smart Structures and Systems, In Press.
- Wang, D., Ye, L., Lu, Y. and Su, Z. (2009). “Probability of the presence of damage estimated from an active sensor network in a composite panel of multiple stiffeners”, Composites Sciences and Technology, 69, 2054-2063.
- Wang, D., Ye, L. and Lu, Y. (2009). “A probabilistic diagnostic algorithm for identification of multiple notches using digital damage fingerprints (DDFs)”, Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures, 20, 1439-1450.
- Deng, S.Q., Zhang, J.N., Ye, L. and Wu, J.S. (2008). “Toughening epoxies with halloysite nanotubes”, Polymer, 49(23), 5119-5127.
- Li, F.C., Meng, G., Ye, L. and Chen, P. (2008). “Wavelet transform-based higher-order statistics for fault diagnosis in rolling element bearings”, Journal of Vibration and Control, 14(11), 1691-1709.
- Lu, Y., Ye, L., Su, Z. and Yang, C. (2008). “Quantitative assessment of through-thickness crack size based on Lamb wave scattering in aluminium plates”, NDT & E International, 41, 59-68.
- Lu, Y., Ye, L., Wang, D. and Meng, G. (2008). “Guided wave propagation and interaction with damage in tubular structures”, Advanced Materials Research, 32, 289-292.
- Kruckenberg, T., Ye, L. and Paton, R. (2008). “Static and vibration compaction and microstructure analysis on plain-woven textile fabrics”, Composites Part A - Applied Science and Manufacturing, 39(3), 488-502.
- Yang, J.P., Chen, Z.K., Yang, G., Fu, S.Y. and Ye, L. (2008). “Simultaneous improvements in the cryogenic tensile strength, ductility and impact strength of epoxy resins by a hyperbranched polymer”, Polymer, 49(13-14), 3168-3175.
- Yang, C.H., Hodgson, P.D., Liu, Q.C. and Ye, L., (2008). “Geometrical effects on residual stresses in 7050-T7451 aluminum alloy rods subject to laser shock peening”, Journal of Materials Processing Technology, 201(1-3), 303-309.
- Zhang, Z.F., Chen, H.R. and Ye, L. (2008). “Progressive failure analysis for advanced grid stiffened composite plates/shells”, Composite Structures, 86(1-3), 45-54.
- Liu, Q., Yang, C.H., Ding, K., Barter, S.A. and Ye, L. (2007). “The effect of laser power density on the fatigue life of laser-shock-peened 7050 aluminium alloy”, Fatigue & Fracture of Engineering Materials & Structures, 30, 1110-1124.
- Lu, Y., Ye, L., Su, Z. and Huang, N. (2007). “Quantitative evaluation of crack orientation in aluminium plates based on Lamb waves”, Smart Materials and Structures, 16, 1907-1914.
- Su, Z., Wang, X., Chen, Z. and Ye, L. (2007). “A hierarchical data fusion scheme for identifying multi-damage in composite structures with a built-in sensor network”, Smart Materials and Structures, 16, 2067-2079.
- Yan, L.L., Wang, K., Wu, J.S. and Ye, L. (2007). “Characterization of fluoroalkylsilane monolayer on polystyrene sphere arrays after plasma treatment”, Surface Science, 601, 1394-1402.
- Ye, Y.P., Chen, H.B., Wu, J.S. and Ye, L. (2007). “High impact strength epoxy nanocomposites with natural nanotubes”, Polymer, 48, 6426-6433.