From Discovery to Implementation
The third Sydney Cancer Conference 2012 (SCC2012) was held from 26-28 September 2012 in the New Law Building, The University of Sydney.
The conference commenced with a fascinating (and near capacity) public lecture by Prof Roger Reddel who discussed the question "Curing cancer - are we nearly there yet?". The two main conference days, 27 & 28 September 2012, featured plenary and concurrent sessions on a range of topics, including biomarkers, cancer targets and treatments, screening, quality of life and clinical trials. There was also a focus on cancer research translation, in line with the conference theme – “From discovery to Implementation”.
The meeting was led by eminent keynote speakers - Professor Nick Barker (Institute of Medical Biology), Professor Richard Schilsky (University of Chicago Medical Centre) and Professor Paul Glasziou (Bond University). They were joined by many outstanding national and local speakers.
SCC2012 was held under the auspices of the University of Sydney Cancer Research Network. The Organising Committee and Cancer Research Network would like to thank all cancer researchers who attended SCC2012.
For cancer researchers and clinicians, SCC2012 was an important opportunity to exchange information on current and emerging knowledge, forge new collaborations, and identify future opportunities in cancer research and patient care.
The complete conference program is available to download as a pdf.
Congratulations to our prize winners
Basic biomedical cancer research
- Best poster presentation by a postgraduate student: Kate Mills
- Best poster presentation by an early career researcher: Michaela Kirschner
- Best oral presentation by a postgraduate student: Goldie Lui
- Best oral presentation by an early career researcher: Dessislava Mladenova
Clinical/public health/psychosocial cancer research
- Best poster presentation by a postgraduate student: Louise Heiniger
- Best poster presentation by an early career researcher: Joanne Shaw
- Best oral presentation by a postgraduate student: Rebekah Laidsaar-Powell
- Best oral presentation by an early career researcher: Joanne Fardell
Future Sydney Cancer Conferences
Add me to the mailing list!
To be included on our mailing list for future conferences and to be sent registration reminders, please contact the Cancer Research Network Office by , or telephone +61 2 9114 1943.
The University of Sydney Cancer Research Network acknowledges the valued support of the SCC2012 sponsors:
- Cancer Institute NSW
- Cancer Council NSW
- Life Technologies
- Pfizer Oncology
SCC2010 Organising Committee