Postgraduate Cancer Research Symposium
The 4th Annual Postgraduate Cancer Research Symposium aims to provide University of Sydney postgraduate students the opportunity to present their research to other students and academics from all disciplines across the University. It is an excellent opportunity to see the wide range of research being carried out, receive feedback from academics and to network with fellow students.
We are delighted to announce that Prof Ian Olver, Chief Executive Officer, Cancer Council Australia will give a plenary address to open the symposium. Stay tuned for further details.
9.00am - 4.00pm
Tuesday, 27 November 2012
New Law Seminar Rooms 030 & 028
The University of Sydney (Camperdown campus)
Download a map (reference J20)
The program will be divided into two concurrent streams and oral presentations will be given by students in one of the following sessions:
- Cancer treatments
- Melanoma & reproductive cancers
- Paediatric & haematological cancers
- Biomarkers & diagnosis
- Breast & prostate cancers
- Genetics & oncogenes
Registration is FREE and open to all University of Sydney students and staff.
The Symposium is an exciting opportunity to hear first-hand about recent findings from our next generation of cancer researchers. It will be of interest to:
- Postgraduate students
- Undergraduate/Honours students
- Academic staff
- General staff
There was a tremendous response from the student research community and the Symposium Organising Committee would like to thank all researchers who submitted an abstract for consideration for the program. Abstract submission closed on 28 September 2012.
Abstracts were reviewed by a committee and the final program is now available.
Congratulations to the winners of the most outstanding student presentation in each of the following session:
- Cancer treatments - Julia Norman
- Melanoma & reproductive cancers - Jaesung Choi
- Pediatric & haematological cancers - Robin Gasiorowski
- Biomarkers & diagnosis - Samuel Blake
- Breast & prostate cancers - Vicki Velonas
- Genetics & oncogenes - Carina Rubio
The prize money will be used for the recipient’s continued cancer research or to fund travel to a cancer-related conference.
- 20 August 2012: Abstract submission & registration opens
- 28 September 2012: Abstract submission closes
- 26 October 2012: Notification of abstract acceptance
- 22 November 2012: Registration closes
- 27 November 2012: Symposium
Elizabeth Dylke (Co-Chair – Cumberland, Health Sciences)
Ben Smith (Co-Chair – Camperdown, Science)
Kalinda Griffiths (Camperdown, Medicine)
Ehsan Hoque Mazumder (Cumberland, Medicine)
Krystal Lester (Camperdown, Medicine)
Christina Lui (Westmead, Medicine)
Indhu Subramanian (Northern, Medicine)
Gayathri St George (Westmead, Medicine)
Merilyn Heuschkel (Cancer Research Network)
Cancer Research Network
Phone: 02 9114 1943