Card application forms
The University of Sydney card entitles you to borrow books from the University of Sydney Library, to access resources online and to operate the photocopying and printing facilities. For further information on library borrowing privileges please see the University of Sydney Library.
This page provides an overview of:
- How to obtain your card
- List of application forms
- Process for replacement cards
- Photographic guidelines
- Come to the Campus Card Centre.
- Bring your application form plus photo identification, such as your driver’s licence or passport, and any other documentation specified as required for your category of card.
- Payment (if required for your card) can be made by cheque, money order, Eftpos, credit card or online. Online payments will be processed the next business day.
- Post your completed application form, a colour passport-sized photograph of yourself, plus photo identification such as your driver’s licence or passport, and any other documentation specified as required for your category of card to the Campus Card Centre, Ground Floor, K07 - Margaret Telfer Building, Arundel Street, University of Sydney NSW 2006.
- If there is a fee required for your card, please include a cheque or money order for the required amount (please allow one week for processing of your application) or pay online (processed the next business day).
- Email scanned copies of your completed application form, photo identification such as your driver’s licence or passport and any other documentation specified as required for your category of card plus a digital passport-type colour photograph of yourself to (please allow one week for processing of your application). Please pay online (processed the next business day).
- If you have a group of five or more patrons requiring cards, the Campus Card Centre requires that a booking is made in advance. During University enrolment periods there will be limited availability for bookings. It is essential that you contact us in advance to schedule an appointment.
- Please ensure that you submit the completed application forms at least five working days before the date of attendance. You may do this by fax, email or post.
- Please contact the Campus Card Centre for further information and to organise an appointment for your group.
Ph – 9351 2423 Email –
Application forms are required for the following cards:
- Affiliates and Conferred Academic Title Holders
- Retired Staff Member or Honorary Degree Recipient
- Research Assistant for Academic Staff
- Postgraduate and Honours Students requiring a temporary library card
- Alumni of the University of Sydney
- Student or Staff Member of another Australian University (ULA)
- Community Borrower Aged 16+ years (member of the general public)
- High School student in Year 11 and 12
If your card is lost or stolen, you must report the loss immediately by calling:
- The Campus Card Centre on +61 2 9351 2423 between 9.00am and 5pm Monday to Friday
A replacement card will be issued from the Campus Card Centre on presentation of photo identification such as driver's licence, NSW Photo Card or passport.
- Photos must not be more than six months old
- 35-40mm wide and 45-50mm high
- Good quality colour on high quality paper, with no ink or marks on image
- Plain, light-colour background (eg cream, pale blue or white)
- Appropriate brightness and contrast and show your skin tones naturally
- Uniform lighting (no shadows across or behind the face), sharp focus and clear.
The photograph must:
- Show head and top of shoulders close up, so that the face measures between 32mm and 36mm from the bottom of the chin to the crown (ie top of head without hair)
- Show your shoulders square on (not looking over shoulder)
- Show you looking straight at the camera (not tilted head)
- Be taken with a neutral expression and your mouth closed (not laughing or frowning)
- Show your eyes open and clearly visible (no hair in eyes).
- The photograph must show you without any hat or other head covering. However, if you wear a head covering for religious reasons a photograph will be accepted with you wearing this but your facial features from the bottom of chin to top of forehead and both edges of your face must be clearly shown.