Card application forms
The University of Sydney card entitles you to borrow books from the University of Sydney Library, to access resources online and to operate the photocopying and printing facilities. For further information on library borrowing privileges please see the University of Sydney Library.
This page provides an overview of:
- Renew your card online
- How to obtain your card
- List of application forms
- Process for replacement cards
- Photographic guidelines
You can renew your card online (processed the next business day) with your credit card.
Please check the application pages for any documentation that may be required for renewal of your card. Email your receipt number, along with the documentation, to
- Come to the Campus Card Centre.
- Bring your application form plus photo identification, such as your driver’s licence or passport, and any other documentation specified as required for your category of card.
- Payment (if required for your card) can be made by cheque, money order, Eftpos, credit card or online. Online payments will be processed the next business day.
- Post your completed application form, a colour passport-sized photograph of yourself, plus photo identification such as your driver’s licence or passport, and any other documentation specified as required for your category of card to the Campus Card Centre, Level 3, Jane Foss Russell Building G02, University of Sydney NSW 2006.
- If there is a fee required for your card, please include a cheque or money order for the required amount (please allow one week for processing of your application) or pay online (processed the next business day).
- Email scanned copies of your completed application form, photo identification such as your driver’s licence or passport and any other documentation specified as required for your category of card plus a digital passport-type colour photograph of yourself to (please allow one week for processing of your application). Please pay online (processed the next business day).
- If you have a group of five or more patrons requiring cards, the Campus Card Centre requires that a booking is made in advance. During peak University enrolment periods in February and March there will be limited availability for bookings. It is essential that you contact us in advance to schedule an appointment.
Please ensure that you submit the completed application forms at least five working days before the date of attendance. You may do this by fax, email or post.
- Please contact the Campus Card Centre for further information and to organise an appointment for your group.
Ph – 9351 2423 Email –
Application forms are required for the following cards:
- Affiliates and Conferred Academic Title Holders
- Retired Staff Member or Honorary Degree Recipient
- Research Assistant for Academic Staff
- Postgraduate and Honours Students requiring a temporary library card
- Alumni of the University of Sydney
- Student or staff member of another Australian or New Zealand university (ULANZ)
- Community Borrower Aged 16+ years (member of the general public)
- High School student in Year 11 and 12
If your card is lost or stolen, you must report the loss immediately by calling:
- The Campus Card Centre on +61 2 9351 2423 between 9.00am and 5pm Monday to Friday
A replacement card will be issued from the Campus Card Centre on presentation of photo identification such as driver's licence, NSW Photo Card or passport.
- Photos must not be more than six months old
- Passport style, good quality colour with no marks on image
- Plain background
- Appropriate brightness and contrast and show your skin tones naturally
- Sharp clear focus
The photograph must:
- Show complete head and neck
- Show you looking straight at the camera (no tilted head)
- Be taken with a natural expression (not laughing or frowning)
- Show your eyes open and clearly visible (no hair in eyes).
- The photograph must show you without any hat or other head covering, except for religious reasons
If you wear a head covering for religious reasons a photograph will be accepted but your facial features must be clearly shown.