Secure building access
Your Staff Card does not automatically grant access to secure buildings on campus. Access to these buildings is authorised by the relevant faculty or administrative unit.
A requisition, authorised by your Head of Department and specifying your required building access, should be taken with your new Staff Card to Security Services between the hours of 8.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday.
Services Building (G12)
Codrington St (cnr Abercrombie St)
The relevant access will then be added to your card.
The majority of buildings on campus use a swipe card which requires the card to be swiped through the security card reader at the door.
Some buildings eg the School of Information Technologies, use proximity cards which require the card to be waved in front of a sensor at the door. Please check which type of card you need before applying for your Staff Card.
For full details please see Security Services website.
Buildings requiring proximity access card
- Fisher Library, F03 (levels 1 and 2)
- Fisher Library Stacks, F04 (levels 1 and 2)
- Chemistry Building, F11 (level 5 Laboratory)
- Wentworth Building, G01 (levels 2 and 5 entry)
- Services Building, G12 (level 1 Locksmith area; level 2 Audio Visual Room)
- School of Information Technology, J12
- Margaret Telfer Building, K07 (levels 5 and 6)