Director - Student Support Services
Careers Centre Manager
- Karen Cavanaugh: Career Development Manager
- Angela Harrow: Career Development Officer
- Donna Denyer: Career Development Officer
- Elizabeth Ross: Career Development Officer
- Daniel Laurence: Career Development Officer (International)
- Sinead Hartnett: Industry Development Manager
- Malcolm Ross: Industry Development Officer
- Dennis Seo: Industry Engagement Officer (International)
- Amy Lewis: Industry Development Officer
- Toni King: Industry Development Officer
Resources and Information Team
- Scott Spence: Resources and Information Manager
- Marya Elimelakh: Resources and Information Officer
- Rebekah Davies: Student Support Services Officer (Reception)
Careers Centre Manager
Ms Nitsa Athanassopoulos is the Manager of the Careers Centre. She has a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) degree, is a registered psychologist, a professional member of the Career Development Association of Australia and a member of the National Association of Graduate Career Advisory Services. She has over 20 years experience working as a careers counsellor in a university setting and liaising with graduate employers. Nitsa has previously worked in a wide range of fields including staff training, recruitment, and health education.
Career Development Team
Angela has extensive experience within the international education sector and has spent the last 6 years working in a variety of international student focused roles. She holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Sydney and is currently completing a Graduate Diploma in Psychology. She has travelled widely and has a strong interest in student mobility, global employment, and the benefits of cultural exchange. Angela designs and delivers workshops and employability programs tailored to the particular needs of international students, and provides individual career consultations for both international and local students.
Industry Development Team
First point of contact for employers seeking to advertise employment opportunities. Malcolm Ross (BA, Grad. Dip Museum Studies) has 15 years experience in helping 1000s of employers, and 1000s of students find 1000s of jobs while they study. He looked after the former Casual Employment Service database and now the Careers Centre’s. Malcolm loves to hear from students and employers about their experiences.