Applying for jobs
When applying for jobs you will be asked to supply some or all of the following documents:
Some employers may request other forms of application, such as online application forms and handwritten applications. These are addressed in the detailed information sheet on job applications.
5 steps to writing a first-rate job application
- Carefully read the job advertisement to identify exactly what the employer requires, including qualifications, skills, knowledge, experience and capabilities.
- Tailor your application to demonstrate how your skills, knowledge, experience and capabilities match these requirements.
- Ensure your application looks professional, including presentation/ layout, spelling and grammar – these should be flawless.
- Bring your draft resume to one of our Resume Rescue workshops where we give advice to refine and strengthen your resume even further.
- Ask someone to proof read your application. Never submit your first draft to an employer. Employers can tell when candidates have put time and effort into their application, and they value evidence of attention to detail.