Rights and responsibilities at work
When you are starting out in your career it is important to understand your rights and responsibilities in the workplace. Some questions you may have include:
- How much will I be paid?
- What are my working conditions?
- What are my leave entitlements?
- What do I need to know about equity and safety in the workplace?
- Am I required to join a union?
- What does my contract mean?
- Under what circumstances can my employment be lawfully terminated?
Find answers to these questions by contacting or visiting the website of the Fair Work Ombudsman. Fair Work is the independent Commonwealth agency that ensures the workplace rights and obligations of workers and employers are protected, understood and enforced fairly.
The general workplace protections fact sheet provides a wealth of information on rights and responsibilities in the workplace.